List of ancestors for a specific generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of ancestors for a specific generation

Is there a way in "find", to generate a list for a single generation, i.e., my seventh generation ancestors?

I tried using the argument Ancestor # after XXX and Ancestor # before XXX with the "and" operator but the results are much greater than expected. There seems to be a flaw in my logic for the arguments.

Re: List of ancestors for a specific generation

Originally posted by dsauve View Post
    Is there a way in "find", to generate a list for a single generation, i.e., my seventh generation ancestors?

I tried using the argument Ancestor # after XXX and Ancestor # before XXX with the "and" operator but the results are much greater than expected. There seems to be a flaw in my logic for the arguments.
    I wonder if the arguments are being interpreted alphabetically rather than as numerals?

In any case, if you assign the ancestor numbers *with* a generation prefix (which is an option when you assign them), then all you have to do to find the seventh generation would be:

Conditions: "Ancestor #" "Field Starts With" "(7)"
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: List of ancestors for a specific generation

I just got a response from Leister Productions. I tried it and it worked perfectly. I was going to assign flags for each generation but this is much quicker.

"The first step would be to identify your relatives. An easy way to do that is to begin at your family view and drag your name button on to the word "Relatives" in the Sidebar list on the left.

Since you are generation 1, the 7th generation would be your GGGG Grandparents.

With that in mind, try doing this search…

Conditions > Attributes > Relationship … Contains … gggg grand

This should find all of your ancestors in the 7th generation"

Comment

Working...
      X