move all the kids to one family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

move all the kids to one family

I accidentally entered the same person twice from two different sources. Source one has the father and four children. Source two has the father, his wife, and two children.

I realized the error and dropped father from source one on source two. So far so good, but now there are two "families" one with a marriage to wife. One with no wife. I think I'll drop the wife on the empty spot. Now I have two "families" both with the same father and mother, one with two children, one with four. One family record has marriage info, one doesn't.

I cannot figure out any way to get move all the kids to one family.

Re: move all the kids to one family

Merge the records. Start in the File menu and choose "Match & Merge People..." It will do the work for you.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: move all the kids to one family

Merge is what caused the problem, and definitely won't fix it. There are no children to merge. What needs to merge is the "family" not the individual, and there's no apparent way to do that.

What I ended up having to was removing the four children from Dad so they had no parents, the added them back to the family with the "couple". Pretty tedious operation.

What would be preferred is a menu option (please no drag and drop) to offer a "Move" to another family.

The drag and drop is driving me batty because you click on a person and the screen immediately changes, so then you have to click on the other "just right" of it changes again, long before you have a change to drag to the right location. The Reunion drag and drop is like whack-a-mole.

Since I use FTM, Rootsmagic, FamiltyTree Builder along with Reunion I can say drag and drop is nice for some things, but menu options are an order of magnitude faster when you have a larger tree.

Comment

Working...
      X