Mini Ipad and Reunion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Ipad and Reunion.

How can Reunion be on an iPad mini (or can it)?

I have reunion 11 on my MacBook pro and also the touch version on my iPhone 6s but can I get regular reunion 11 on my iPad mini?

Due to touch version and the iCloud and total inexperience and ignorance I now have three different versions (family files09, 10, and 11 on Ancestry).

I have loved Reunion wince it was a card based version 2 or 3 but now you have totally confused this old man.

Any help from Leister or any one else would be appreciated. I understand It may be an impossible to straighten out,, but then who knows. My email is dlvcsr at mac dot com. At age 85 I may not last long enough to get a print of my research.

I have latest versions of OS,Reunion and Touch and Safari even tho I don't know how to change them in my Signature line.
    Delbert Curlin
    Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
    Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Re: Mini Ipad and Reunion.

Originally posted by DelbertCurlin View Post
    How can Reunion be on an iPad mini (or can it)?

I have reunion 11 on my MacBook pro and also the touch version on my iPhone 6s but can I get regular reunion 11 on my iPad mini?...
    Reunion 11 cannot be installed onto your iPad mini. However, "ReunionTouch" can be installed on it.

If your iPad mini is associated with the same Apple ID/iTunes account as your iPhone 6s, open the App Store on your iPad mini and search for "reuniontouch." Then, tap the cloud icon to download it onto your iPad mini.

Next, launch the ReunionTouch app.

In the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" window on your iPad mini, tap Connect to Dropbox.

Then tap Allow. (Note: You may be asked to sign into Dropbox using your email address and password that you used when opening your Dropbox account. Once you enter your email and password, tap "Sign in and link" - there will be no Allow button.)

Next, tap "Download a family file from Dropbox."

A list of files on Dropbox will appear. Navigate until you see your family file and tap its name. If you need to move "up" a folder (or back out of a folder, so to speak) scroll to the bottom and tap "Up a folder."

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Reunion 11 cannot be installed onto your iPad mini. However, "ReunionTouch" can be installed on it.

If your iPad mini is associated with the same Apple ID/iTunes account as your iPhone 6s, open the App Store on your iPad mini and search for "reuniontouch." Then, tap the cloud icon to download it onto your iPad mini.

Next, launch the ReunionTouch app.

In the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" window on your iPad mini, tap Connect to Dropbox.

Then tap Allow. (Note: You may be asked to sign into Dropbox using your email address and password that you used when opening your Dropbox account. Once you enter your email and password, tap "Sign in and link" - there will be no Allow button.)

Next, tap "Download a family file from Dropbox."

A list of files on Dropbox will appear. Navigate until you see your family file and tap its name. If you need to move "up" a folder (or back out of a folder, so to speak) scroll to the bottom and tap "Up a folder."

I hope you find this information helpful

Thanks Deb
      I did not have to do any thing except launch reunion touch

It started with my family file. No welcome or mention of drop box.

Reckon I have right version of family file.??.
      Delbert Curlin

Comment

...I did not have to do any thing except launch reunion touch

It started with my family file. No welcome or mention of drop box.

Reckon I have right version of family file.??.
        Perhaps.

However, I would like you to check something.

Open the family file and tap on the Tools icon (i.e., the little hammer).

Do you see "Sharing Status" near the top of the Tools window that opens? If not, let me know.

If so, tap "Sharing Status" and let me know if you see "Sharing" in green near the top of the Sharing Status window or if you see something else.

Thanks
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Perhaps.

However, I would like you to check something.

Open the family file and tap on the Tools icon (i.e., the little hammer).

Do you see "Sharing Status" near the top of the Tools window that opens? If not, let me know.

If so, tap "Sharing Status" and let me know if you see "Sharing" in green near the top of the Sharing Status window or if you see something else.

Thanks
          Deb, The tools icon is not there any more..?? What have I done now?
          Delbert Curlin

Comment

Deb, The tools icon is not there any more..?? What have I done now?
            What do you see when you open your family file on your iPad mini?

Does it open showing the Family, Tree, or Ages panel? Or, does it open to the Welcome to ReunionTouch screen?
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

What do you see when you open your family file on your iPad mini?

Does it open showing the Family, Tree, or Ages panel? Or, does it open to the Welcome to ReunionTouch screen?
              The iPad mini opens with family and I have relatives on the right side. Toolbar is a bottom right of family and shows Curlin family file 11 and first item is Sharing Status.

When I open Reunion app on mac it shows nothing except family and has birthdays in reminders unless I remove ir then shows nothing except family. No toolbar.
              Delbert Curlin

Comment

The iPad mini opens with family and I have relatives on the right side. Toolbar is a bottom right of family and shows Curlin family file 11 and first item is Sharing Status...
                Okay. Tap on Sharing Status.

Does the Sharing Status window show "Sharing" in green near the top?

And, if so, is your Mac included in the list of devices in the Sharing Status window?
                Deb Stuller
                Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
                X