Multimedia on two Macs and iPhone/iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just upgraded to Reunion 11 and ReunionTouch and am confused about photographs. My family file is now in Dropbox and my photos are in a 'Tree Photos' folder in my Reunion Files folder on Mac 1. I have two problems:

1. On Mac 2, the photos appear slightly blurred when enlarged, and with a question mark on each thumbnail. 'Reunion cannot find the multimedia file' appears under each enlarged photo. How do I repair the link, bearing in mind that the Tree Photos folder is on Mac 1? And whatever I have to do, can this be done in one go or is it necessary to deal with each of very many photos individually? (On Mac 1, the photos appear correctly and sharp when enlarged.)

2. On the iPhone and iPad, there seems to be no problem with the link to the photos but, when each is enlarged, for an instant it is fine but then it immediately goes jagged and highly pixellated.

Is there some way to overcome these problems? I am reluctant to move the Tree Photos folder to Dropbox on account of its size.

Many thanks for any help; and apologies if these questions have already been answered elsewhere.
    Last edited by dpn; 11 November 2016, 12:29 PM.

I posted a message under this heading on 11 November 2016 and have received no replies although it has apparently been read 363 times. Can no-one help? Have I stumped you all?! Perhaps someone from Leister can assist? I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Comment

Re: Multimedia on two Macs and iPhone/iPad

Originally posted by dpn View Post
      I posted a message under this heading on 11 November 2016 and have received no replies although it has apparently been read 363 times. Can no-one help? Have I stumped you all?! Perhaps someone from Leister can assist? I would be very grateful. Thanks.
      I suspect I was one of the 363; I hestitate to reply because I really use only the Mac and not the iPhone/iPad. But in the absence of an answer:

On Mac2, if the Mac2 has access to the folder where the pictures are, I would try rebuilding the multimedia links and see what happens.
      (Preferences -> Multimedia -> click "Repair Multimedia Links...")
      This will work best if you add the folder the pictures will be found in to the "Mutlitmedia Search Folders first.

Otherwise, the "blurry" pictures are the thumbnails generated by Reunion. They are stored within the family file and are used on machines that have no access to the originals. You can't double-click them to enlarge them as they can't access the original file.
      If they bother you or if a higher resolution thumbnail might be better aesthetically, you can rebuild the thumbnails (in the same (Preferences -> Multimedia -> "Rebuild Thumbnails...") place as above.) But again, this has to be done on a machine that has access to the originals, at least temporarily. The manual (under "Rebuilding Thumbnail Images) has reasons you might want to to this and reasons you might not (e.g. pro: better pictures, con: bigger file size).
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
      X