This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing from FTM 2011 Windows 7 GED file

I am a new user of Reunion 11. I have just updated to the latest Reunion Mac (11.0.9) and imported my FTM 2011 Windows 7 GED file (18 KB), created from my FTM 2011 file (950 KB) from my MacBook Pro-Mid 2012 Yosemite Boot Camp Windows 7. The contents of the FTM 2011 application appeared to be complete before conducting the Export operation to create the GED file for the Import operation in Reunion 12. I note that the relative file sizes (950 KB for the source FTM 2011 file and 18 KB for the GED file created from the Export operation appear to be incongruous). However, after completing the Import operation, the Family View displays only blank fields, except for the list of people in the right hand column. Further, I get no content displayed in the Tree View. Please help me to somehow convert the original FTM 2011 data to the requisite Reunion 11.0.9 contents.
    Oops, I just selected my own name from the People list, and the Family View and free View contents appeared! Apparently I need a reference to an effective source for a tutorial on Reunion 12, somehow coordinated with my switch from FTM 2011 for Windows 7 to my new Reunion 12 application!
    I still find it interesting that the file size disparity (FTM 2011 file to Exported GED file) still permits the conversion to occur, at lest apparently to date, correctly.
    Appreciatively, Arbyem
    Last edited by Bruce Morris; 06 August 2016, 11:49 AM. Reason: Further testing of the application resulted in the apparent anomaly being corrected!

Re: Importing from FTM 2011 Windows 7 GED file

In addition to my request on my initial post, I would be grateful for any references to the experiences of others in ensuring that the contents between the FTM 2011 and Reunion 11 applications are in sync. Thanks, in advance, for any contributions. Arbyem

Comment

Working...
    X