What settings should I use to import a GEDCOM fiie from Généatique software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What settings should I use to import a GEDCOM fiie from Généatique software

I just received a Gedcom 5.5 file exported from Généatique.

How should I proceed to import it into Reunion in order to get the multiple notes as well as the French accents correctly?
    Should I import it directly into Reunion or use an intermediate program (like TextEdit, Word,...?

Many thanks in advance.
    Daniel H
    El Capitan 10.11.6 / Reunion 10.0.6
    Last edited by Daniel H; 25 April 2017, 12:17 PM.

Re: What settings should I use to import a GEDCOM fiie from Généatique software

In most cases all you need to do is import it. If, after import, you notice that there are issues with notes/accents, let us know - but that usually isn't an issue as long as the GEDCOM was properly encoded.

The simplest way to import the GEDCOM into a new family file is to close any open family files and click-drag the GEDCOM onto the Reunion 11 icon (either in Applications or in your Dock).

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: What settings should I use to import a GEDCOM fiie from Généatique software

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      In most cases all you need to do is import it. If, after import, you notice that there are issues with notes/accents, let us know - but that usually isn't an issue as long as the GEDCOM was properly encoded.

The simplest way to import the GEDCOM into a new family file is to close any open family files and click-drag the GEDCOM onto the Reunion 11 icon (either in Applications or in your Dock).

HTH
      Thanks.
      It worked perfectly.

How do I proceed to apply the same settings (e.g. character sizes, fields,...) to this imported family file a the one I have on my own family file?

Daniel H
      (Reunion 10.0.6)

Comment

Working...
      X