This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Education Listed as Place

I clicked on the side bar for places. I saw that in a few cases the Education was listed. However, when I clicked on the Family View, the education was in the correct box. How do I fix this?

Re: Education Listed as Place

Originally posted by waynehodges View Post
    I clicked on the side bar for places. I saw that in a few cases the Education was listed. However, when I clicked on the Family View, the education was in the correct box. How do I fix this?
    It sounds like an Education event field has been created and is being used for a few people.

In order to verify my theory, try this...

1. Open the Places sidebar and locate an "education" place in that list and click on it.

2. In the Usage portion of the the Places sidebar (at the bottom) you will see a name (or names) of people using that place. Click on one of the names in the Usage section.

3. The family view for that person should open.

4. Click on that person's name to open the Edit Person panel for that person.

5. Then, click on the Events tab.

Do you see the education field in that panel?

Please let me know either way.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      It sounds like an Education event field has been created and is being used for a few people.

In order to verify my theory, try this...

1. Open the Places sidebar and locate an "education" place in that list and click on it.

2. In the Usage portion of the the Places sidebar (at the bottom) you will see a name (or names) of people using that place. Click on one of the names in the Usage section.

3. The family view for that person should open.

4. Click on that person's name to open the Edit Person panel for that person.

5. Then, click on the Events tab.

Do you see the education field in that panel?

Please let me know either way.

Thanks
      I see the education field. It has MS History, BS computer science. This is the same info showing in the places list

Comment

I see the education field. It has MS History, BS computer science. This is the same info showing in the places list
        Okay.

Before proceeding, I encourage you to save a backup copy of your family file. To do so, open your family file and choose File -> Save A Backup Copy and click Save. This will ensure you can go back to your family file, just as it was, if something unexpected is moved when following these steps...

1. Open your family file, if it is not already open and choose Reunion -> Preferences.

2. Click on the "Fields" icon.

3. Select the "Move" tab.

4. Click on the "From person field:" menu and select the first Education field you see in the menu that drops down. (This Education field will be in the section with other Event fields, like Birth, Death, Burial, etc.)

5. Click on the "To:" menu and select the second Education field you see in the menu that drops down. (This Education field will be in the section with other Fact fields, like Occupation and Religion.)

(If you get a warning message, click the highlighted button to proceed.)

6. Then, click the "Move..." button.

7. Finally, in the window that drops down, click "Move Field."

This will move the contents of the Education event field into the Education fact field. Afterward, Reunion will delete the Education event field and you will no longer see the Education events in your Places sidebar. However, they will still be shown in the Education Facts panel of the Edit Person panel and on the family view (if you have that field selected to appear on the family view).

Additional information about moving fields can be found in your manual by searching for "move field." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          Okay.

Before proceeding, I encourage you to save a backup copy of your family file. To do so, open your family file and choose File -> Save A Backup Copy and click Save. This will ensure you can go back to your family file, just as it was, if something unexpected is moved when following these steps...

1. Open your family file, if it is not already open and choose Reunion -> Preferences.

2. Click on the "Fields" icon.

3. Select the "Move" tab.

4. Click on the "From person field:" menu and select the first Education field you see in the menu that drops down. (This Education field will be in the section with other Event fields, like Birth, Death, Burial, etc.)

5. Click on the "To:" menu and select the second Education field you see in the menu that drops down. (This Education field will be in the section with other Fact fields, like Occupation and Religion.)

(If you get a warning message, click the highlighted button to proceed.)

6. Then, click the "Move..." button.

7. Finally, in the window that drops down, click "Move Field."

This will move the contents of the Education event field into the Education fact field. Afterward, Reunion will delete the Education event field and you will no longer see the Education events in your Places sidebar. However, they will still be shown in the Education Facts panel of the Edit Person panel and on the family view (if you have that field selected to appear on the family view).

Additional information about moving fields can be found in your manual by searching for "move field." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful
          I followed your instructions but I don't get a second "Education" field. The "Education" field is faint and not clickable. Also, the drop down box does not include a places field.

Comment

I followed your instructions but I don't get a second "Education" field. The "Education" field is faint and not clickable. Also, the drop down box does not include a places field.
            I'm attaching a screen shot to show what I get
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm attaching a screen shot to show what I get
              I believe there was some confusion as to what I was asking you to try. Therefore, I sent you a private email so I could more easily clarify my directions with multiple screen shots.

Please let me know if problems still continue afterward.

Thanks
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X