Saving edits in a descendants chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving edits in a descendants chart

I use a left tonight descendant chart a lot when using R11, especially when entering a new group or branch to a family. I know I can edit lines, boxes , borders, shadows, font , colours etc in a chart , and of course save the chart for future reference.
    But can I save the edits I keep doing ? So that they are all available for the next chart I want to make, without having to remember them all the next time ?
    Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Re: Saving edits in a descendants chart

Some items like lines and colors are "automatic defaults." If you change them, they should become the new defaults unless you have the defaults locked (Object>Lock Defaults, with checkmark showing). If the defaults are locked, you can unlock them, make your desired changes, and then lock them again so they can't be changed (or leave them unlocked so they'll be changed and stored again every time you make changes).

Other items such as box and text characteristics are manual defaults, and you can reset them by making your changes, selecting the object that has the new characteristics, and then choosing from the menu Object > Save Default [object type] Attributes.

The manual explains this well--you can get more information on this by searching for "defaults for charts" in the manual.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks once again Tim for your helpful reply. I hadn't realised that this subject was well covered in the manual, probably because I was searching under every heading part from, Object - Defaults etc......
      Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

I love the electronic manual, but sometimes knowing what to search on can be a challenge. Glad to be of assistance.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X