Output to custom tree view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output to custom tree view

Is there any way to output to a tree view all the persons with a particular FLAG? We have a number of relatives buried in one cemetery, all of which are flagged with a custom field, and I would like to output all of them in a tree view.

Re: Output to custom tree view

Originally posted by S V Robertson View Post
    Is there any way to output to a tree view all the persons with a particular FLAG? We have a number of relatives buried in one cemetery, all of which are flagged with a custom field, and I would like to output all of them in a tree view.
    The Cascading Pedigree chart gives the option of Marked ancestors only so I thought if that is the tree style you are looking for then you are in luck. I was wrong. I tried it using me as the source and the cemetery that my paternal grandparents are buried in for a test. Because of the blanks in between (I presume--my dad is still alive), it did not show anyone but me in the pedigree. When I marked my father as alive, then it showed his parents and grandmother who are buried there. I thought I might try the Relative chart or the Book report options and had the same issue. So my best answer is, "I don't think it will do this."

Comment

Originally posted by S V Robertson View Post
      The Tree View feature is designed mainly to be a navigational tool and thus it can't be limited to marked people only.

However, the pedigree, descendant, and relative charts can be setup to include only marked people.

In your example, you'd first use the Find feature to find everybody with your particular custom flag and then mark the found people. Finally, create a chart and limit it to marked people only.

As another pointed out, charts (and the tree view) show people who are linked together in a particular way or direction. For example, let's say we are making a pedigree chart and Leroy was buried in cemetery A, but his father was not. So his father wouldn't be in the pedigree chart. And thus, even if the grandfather was buried in cemetery A, the grandfather wouldn't be included -- despite being marked -- because the link between Leroy and his grandfather was broken by the unmarked father.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I am still working on this and I guess I'm asking for something that it's not designed to do.

Comment

Working...
        X