Removing Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Media

Using Reunion 11.0.7 on a MacBookPro running Sierra.

I have changed the way I wish to store my media. Since earlier in January of this year, I have been slowly removing the media connections from my sources. This process has been working in an ordinary fashion until Sunday.

Suddenly, when I have opened the media portion of my source, deleted the media pointer, and hit the "Done" button, the media link is instantly restored.

For other purposes, I restarted my computer. After the restart, I was able remove one connection, but the very next connection was immediately restored.

Is there a new rule for this that I have missed? Does anyone understand why I cannot separate my media from the sources?

Re: Removing Media

Originally posted by Sue McCormick View Post
    Using Reunion 11.0.7 on a MacBookPro running Sierra.
    Since my original entry, I have upgraded to Reunion 11.0.11. The upgrade did not sort out this problem.

I have been following: 135 people have read this, but no one has offered an answer. So, today, after entering a change, I quit Reunion, then re-opened it.

Fancy that! many of the earlier changes showed up!

There surely is a more efficient way of refreshing information. And why do I need to do this only since middle of last week?

There are many knowledgeable folk here. Over the years, I have learned so much from you. Doesn't anyone have any understanding of what's going on?

Comment

SOLVED!

The last time that I closed Reunion, seems to have removed the impediment, whatever it was. I don't know what went wrong, but it took more than one close and restart before it went away. However, everything is now working is usual.

Comment

Reopening this Issue!

No one answered my earlier posts. I have written above that restarting Reunion solved by problem. BUT, the problem occurred again, starting yesterday. I have twice restarted Reunion, but am still facing Source-Media connections where multiple deletions of the media have failed to be accepted.

The accepted behavior — hit the minus sign to remove the media link — works well for days. Then suddenly it stops working. In the non-working phase, I hit the minus sign, the media of that source shows that the link is removed, BUT the Source Index does not show the change and when I re-open the Source record, the media link is still there.

Please, someone, can you respond to this. I desperately need help. I am in the middle of cleaning up my database. I am separating all media out from Reunion. I need to keep my media together WITHOUT specific references. When I need media for a report, it will be easy to temporarily add the link, and then remove it. But only if I CAN remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue McCormick View Post
          Please, someone, can you respond to this. I desperately need help. I am in the middle of cleaning up my database. I am separating all media out from Reunion.
          Have you written the help desk? When no one here has the answer, they're the next stop.
          Last edited by Mark; 01 May 2017, 10:07 AM. Reason: minor corrections
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Thank you, Dennis. I was thinking about that. So that will be my next step.

Comment

I am glad to report that Tech Support at Reunion has solved this issue for me.

I am slow to report this, because the repaired database arrived just as we were going off to have our annual eye check. Thursday wasted because dilated eyes don't do genealogy well; Friday spent in untangling some of MY problems (erroneous source connections made many years ago!). Today was spent on working on those same bad entries. But I came up for air and remembered that I hadn't reported on the solution.

And hadn't bragged here on the very, very good support we receive from Reunion's Tech Support.

Comment

Working...
              X