This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bizarre returns from the index

When I press command-I, the index that comes up includes, along with everyone else, only a few people with the most popular surnames. To double check that nothing had been lost in the actual database, God forbid!, I then did a search only for those surnames. They came up in their legions. Nothing was lost, thanks be! How can I get the index to give me an accurate reading? It notes: "List Entries: 23715", but it does not actually list that many people. This is the first time I have ever noticed this bizarre behavior.

Many thanks for any help!

added later: It is not just the most popular surnames. *I* don't even appear in the index, nor do any of my siblings nor offspring!

Martha
    Last edited by martha; 30 April 2013, 03:54 AM. Reason: further poking around produced more information
    Click here to email me
    OS X 10.7.5, Reunion 9.0c
    http://www.avotaynu.com/books/tamar.htm

Re: bizarre returns from the index

Your signature says you're using Reunion 9 - is this still correct or have you updated to Reunion 10?

Reunion 9 - Go to Reunion menu ------> Preferences ------> Index and click "Rebuild Index".

Reunion 10 - Go to Edit menu ------> Rebuild Caches and click the Rebuild button.

See if that helps.

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
      Your signature says you're using Reunion 9 - is this still correct or have you updated to Reunion 10?

Reunion 9 - Go to Reunion menu ------> Preferences ------> Index and click "Rebuild Index".

Reunion 10 - Go to Edit menu ------> Rebuild Caches and click the Rebuild button.

See if that helps.

Roger
      That worked!! Thanks, Roger-to-the-rescue!!! Oh, and yes, I am still in 9. I mean to buy 10, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Martha
      Click here to email me
      OS X 10.7.5, Reunion 9.0c
      http://www.avotaynu.com/books/tamar.htm

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post

See if that helps.

Roger
        Roger-to-the-Rescue, indeed! Thanks, it cured my bizarre index problem, also. Using version 10.0.6, Yosemite, just transferred everything (all 22,223) to a brand-new iMac and got strange happenings. I found the "rebuild cache" under the File menu, by the way, and no index mentioned in the Preferences pane. Hmm.

Helen

Comment

Originally posted by MillieBriggs View Post
          I found the "rebuild cache" under the File menu, by the way, and no index mentioned in the Preferences pane. Hmm.
          Rebuilding of the Index was rolled into the "Rebuild Cache Files" function in Reunion 10; the other options that were under the Index Preferences in 9 have been moved to the General Preferences in 10.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Rebuilding of the Index was rolled into the "Rebuild Cache Files" function in Reunion 10; the other options that were under the Index Preferences in 9 have been moved to the General Preferences in 10.

HTH
            Thank you, Mark. I've been meaning to ask why you all dumped that command and thinking someday I'm going to have a problem that needs the index rebuild.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
            X