X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Charts on Banner Paper

Hello,

I am curious to see if anyone has had success in printing multi page descendant charts on banner paper. I purchased paper that has 100 sheets all attached and would like to be able to print, let's say 10 sheets together. My two Epson printers have a limit of 4 pages, or 44 inches, however our Canon printer does not list a limit but will not print more than 3 or 4 pages. Please let me know if you have had success printing multi pages and what kind of printer you are using.

Thanks!
    Charles

Re: Printing Charts on Banner Paper

Can you define a custom sheet of 8.5" x 110"?
    Dennis B. Swaney
    Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

It looks like you can define a custom page. The steps are similar to this:

1. Create your chart(s).
      2. Go to File>Page Setup
      3. Click on the Page Size drop-down menu and select "Manage Custom Paper Sizes..."
      4. Setup your custom width and height (Portrait width 8.5, height 110; Landscape width 110, height 8.5) and the margins, then name and save your custom size.
      Dennis B. Swaney
      Prescott, AZ

Comment

I have tried customs sizes and still have problems. My Epson printers have a limit of 44 inches, this is something that Epson built into their printer drivers and you cannot go beyond that. At least this is true in my two - three year old Epson printers, not sure about newer versions. On my Canon printer, setting at long custom size is possible, but the printer just gets confused and basically prints garbage.

I just printed a 44 inch banner sized chart on the Epson, it works beautifully. But if I needed one additional page I would have to revert to taping pages together. It would just be nice to be able to print one complete tree without having to tape pages together.

Charles

Comment

Ugh. Sounds like it is a hardware design problem then. Have you contacted Epson and Canon about the problem? Perhaps it is time to look for a new printer; you may have to look at professional or enterprise models.
          Dennis B. Swaney
          Prescott, AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Larkins View Post
            I just printed a 44 inch banner sized chart on the Epson, it works beautifully. But if I needed one additional page I would have to revert to taping pages together. It would just be nice to be able to print one complete tree without having to tape pages together.
            Well, wouldn't a 55" chart printed at 80% be 44"?
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Actually, I was using the "one more page" as just an example. It would really be nice to be able to print a chart at any length. The banner paper that I have is 100 sheets, or course that would be outrageous, but ten or twelve might be needed.

The issue with the Epson is not a problem with the printer, it is engineered to only print 44 inches. What I am trying to find is someone that has had success at longer lengths and find out what kind of printer, software, etc. they used.

Charles

Comment

Working...
              X