Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group pictures: releating people to

Dear Reunion users,

is there a way to include a way to add group pictures in Reunion 12 (easy i know, but just for individuals) and easily relate people shown on them to the individual records?
    In other words, having kind of a picture album, with relations.
    Any help is highly appreciated .

Max
    Maximilian Busch
    Southern Germany, Reunion user since 1996

Re: Group pictures: releating people to

Just put the group photo in the appropriate individual box in Multimedia. Then use the crop tool to isolate the person. The whole photo will still be there but, on the family view and reports, only the isolated person will display.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Just put the group photo in the appropriate individual box in Multimedia. Then use the crop tool to isolate the person. The whole photo will still be there but, on the family view and reports, only the isolated person will display.
      Thanks for answering.
      However I might have not phrased my question correctly.
      The question is:
      I am looking for a possibility to have a single group picture (showing my father with his parents and a cousin of him) stored in Reunion (for example in my fathers family file) and then connect the multiple people shown on it (for example his parents and his cousin) to their individual family sheets.
      Is this possible?

All the best
      Max
      Maximilian Busch
      Southern Germany, Reunion user since 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Maximilian View Post
        Thanks for answering.
        However I might have not phrased my question correctly.
        The question is:
        I am looking for a possibility to have a single group picture (showing my father with his parents and a cousin of him) stored in Reunion (for example in my fathers family file) and then connect the multiple people shown on it (for example his parents and his cousin) to their individual family sheets.
        Is this possible?
        Max,

It's still not perfectly clear to me what you want to do.

In Reunion, you can indicate who is who in the captions. You can attach the same group picture to multiple people.

You can also crop that photo each time you link it, so only the linked person shows. It's one photo with many different cropped views, with the cropped views specific to the linked person.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Maximilian,

Pictures are not stored within Reunion. When you add a multimedia item, only a link and a small thumbnail of the item is stored within Reunion.

If you want to link the same photo to multiple people, drag and drop the photo from where ever it is (for example the desktop) to each of the people in the photo, one at a time. Drop the image on their button in family view. If you want it to show up on the family view button, designate it to be the Preferred image, then crop it to just that person. Of course, cropping will need to be done for each person in which their image is used as the Preferred image.

I guess you could use a "multi-person" image as the preferred image, but usually people only want the one person image associated with the button in the family view.
          Last edited by Blaise A. Darveaux; 06 April 2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X