Transferring info from a Family File "copy" to the main File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring info from a Family File "copy" to the main File

Don't ask me how, but I have inadvertantly used a Family File 10 "Copy" to enter new information on occasion. How can I 1.) determine what various info may be in the "copy" file and NOT in my main family "File" and then 2.) transfer it back to the main family file and 3.) delete the "copy" file so I can avoid doing this again?

(I think the same thing might be true with new information possibly added to an old Reunion 8 file I still have laying around.)

I will be more careful in the future, especially if I can delete the "Copy" and the old v. 8.

Thanks, Joe
    Last edited by jcapistr; 03 April 2018, 12:37 AM.

Re: Transferring info from a Family File "copy" to the main File

I'm new in ReunionTalk and wonder if there is an answer to this post as I couldn't see one. I'm having the same problem and that's why I got on here to figure out what i need to do.
    Thank you

Comment

Re: Transferring info from a Family File "copy" to the main File

I don't believe there is any way of directly comparing information, but if you know the date you started adding information to the copy, there is a search for "Changed Date" which you can set to "After" in the copy file which should identify the people who have been changed.

Comment

Working...
      X