This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass deletion of *New [CHAN] events

Back in 2005, when I bought my first Mac, I imported a GEDCOM file into Reunion to get started, as I had previously used (I think!) Roots IV. While cleaning up my database, I've noticed that I have about 500 *New [CHAN] events that seem to be exclusively marriage events, for some reason. If I click on the Marriage button and go to Events on that screen, I see the *New [CHAN] event, but all it has is a date - from Feb 16 to Feb 18, 2005. Deleting the event manually doesn't seem to affect anything and the idea of manually deleting 500 events is daunting. Is it possible to write an Apple script to delete all of them in one operation?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Mass deletion of *New [CHAN] events

Originally posted by Jeff89 View Post
    Back in 2005, when I bought my first Mac, I imported a GEDCOM file into Reunion to get started, as I had previously used (I think!) Roots IV. While cleaning up my database, I've noticed that I have about 500 *New [CHAN] events that seem to be exclusively marriage events, for some reason. If I click on the Marriage button and go to Events on that screen, I see the *New [CHAN] event, but all it has is a date - from Feb 16 to Feb 18, 2005. Deleting the event manually doesn't seem to affect anything and the idea of manually deleting 500 events is daunting. Is it possible to write an Apple script to delete all of them in one operation?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    The *New [CHAN] probably relates to your Roots IV changed date field. This imported field should be visible in the Preferences > Fields > Events (or Facts, my money is on events).
    The Events should show this * [CHAN] event and click on the delete button to remove it from your Reunion file.
    The example image below shows a field Reunion didn't under, namely, _EMPLOY which although different to CHAN is similar in concept on how to remove.
    Regards,
    PC
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Mass deletion of *New [CHAN] events

Originally posted by s1xc00k View Post
      Hi Jeff,
      The *New [CHAN] probably relates to your Roots IV changed date field. This imported field should be visible in the Preferences > Fields > Events (or Facts, my money is on events).
      The Events should show this * [CHAN] event and click on the delete button to remove it from your Reunion file.
      The example image below shows a field Reunion didn't under, namely, _EMPLOY which although different to CHAN is similar in concept on how to remove.
      Regards,
      PC
      It was under Family > Events, but you sure saved me a whole bunch of time!! Thank you very much!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X