E-Mailing Tree view - gray colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Mailing Tree view - gray colors

I have enjoyed much success emailing tree view charts to relatives. That seems to prompt a more timely and enthusiastic response with corrections and missing data.

With version 12, the boxes are now grayed out and not nearly as engaging. Is there a setting to bring back the brighter colors?

Thank You

Re: E-Mailing Tree view - gray colors

Originally posted by N T Carlson View Post
    I have enjoyed much success emailing tree view charts to relatives. That seems to prompt a more timely and enthusiastic response with corrections and missing data.

With version 12, the boxes are now grayed out and not nearly as engaging. Is there a setting to bring back the brighter colors?
    This is something that changed with the introduction of macOS Mojave, I think. I'm sure there will be fixes coming down the line, but in the meantime you can avoid this by selecting all the boxes on the chart (a ⌘-A will do it), and then "unclick" the box by "Gradient".

If you want, you can make this the default choice for future charts you create by selecting a box and then selecting Object -> Save Default Box Attributes from the menus.

The gradient won't be added to charts you create in the future, until you change this setting.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      This is something that changed with the introduction of macOS Mojave, I think. I'm sure there will be fixes coming down the line, but in the meantime you can avoid this by selecting all the boxes on the chart (a ⌘-A will do it), and then "unclick" the box by "Gradient".

If you want, you can make this the default choice for future charts you create by selecting a box and then selecting Object -> Save Default Box Attributes from the menus.

The gradient won't be added to charts you create in the future, until you change this setting.
      Thank You! I look forward to the future fix as well. The gradient shading on charts is gorgeous. Heartland Family Graphics has printed several large charts for me that have been a huge hit at reunions.
      Last edited by N T Carlson; 13 November 2018, 10:58 AM. Reason: misspell

Comment

I'm slightly confused here and wanting to understand, since I haven't upgraded to Mojave yet.

N.T. Carlson seemed to be referring to the "tree view charts" we see when working in Reunion but using Tree View to see relationships (i.e. NOT making a Chart). I, too, often use the Sharing up-arrow in the lower left bar to mail screen shots of trees to people, as he describes.

But Dennis' response was about making Charts, as far as I can tell. Then N.T. replied as if Dennis' Chart fix solved his problem, meaning N.T. was actually talking about a Chart, not just Tree View.

I'm pursuing this only because I want to know if my Tree View will be all grey if I upgrade to Mojave before this gets fixed. Yet another reason not to upgrade right away.

Comment

Just to clarify...

This is a bug in Mojave that Apple has acknowledged. (It similarly impacts documents in Apple's Pages app, for example.)

Susan, you're correct: this thread discusses both the Tree View and also graphic charts. And both are impacted by the Mojave bug. However, as Dennis pointed out, it can be circumvented in graphic charts. It can't be avoided when sharing the Tree view.

(Personally, I find Mojave to be very buggy. This is just one example.)
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Just to clarify...

This is a bug in Mojave that Apple has acknowledged. (It similarly impacts documents in Apple's Pages app, for example.)

Susan, you're correct: this thread discusses both the Tree View and also graphic charts. And both are impacted by the Mojave bug. However, as Dennis pointed out, it can be circumvented in graphic charts. It can't be avoided when sharing the Tree view.

(Personally, I find Mojave to be very buggy. This is just one example.)
            I updated to Mojave about six weeks ago and it has been nothing but frustration ever since. Yes, the problem with printing charts in "grey" as well as lots of issues with using Word - can't print, can't rotate the page from portrait to landscape, can't add to custom dictionary etc and then in iRemember, my favourite scrapbooking software I cannot access the clip art. I plan to have Mojave removed from my computer and go back to High Sierra.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloria Cathcart View Post
              I updated to Mojave about six weeks ago and it has been nothing but frustration ever since. Yes, the problem with printing charts in "grey" as well as lots of issues with using Word - can't print, can't rotate the page from portrait to landscape, can't add to custom dictionary etc and then in iRemember, my favourite scrapbooking software I cannot access the clip art. I plan to have Mojave removed from my computer and go back to High Sierra.
              Mojave totally borked all my printers...the only way to restore them was to restart in safe mode, forcing the OS to rebuild a file that had been destroyed. But it took me days to figure out what needed to be done.

But at this point, I'm not going back, I'm just trusting fixes will gradually be added in updates.
              Dennis J. Cunniff
              Click here to email me

Comment

Manufacturers don't always meet Apple's deadlines to submit new drivers for about to be released OS updates. If not met, the new driver would be included in the next small update. Have you checked the manufacturer site to see if they have an updated driver for Mojave?
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                  Manufacturers don't always meet Apple's deadlines to submit new drivers for about to be released OS updates. If not met, the new driver would be included in the next small update. Have you checked the manufacturer site to see if they have an updated driver for Mojave?
                  No, in my case at least, no drivers are needed. And I'm not going to monkey around now that things are working!
                  Dennis J. Cunniff
                  Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
                  X