Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MacOS Mojave

Originally posted by Mark View Post
    We are aware of the issue with charts. It’s caused by the box shadow being rendered inside the box (instead of only outside of the box border).

We have an update that fixes that issue, along with the greyed-out fields, in the pipeline.

HTH
    Hi Mark,

I just downloaded the update, but it didn't fix the issue. While the connecting lines are no longer all covered with gray (which is a great improvement), the inside of the boxes still are.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Last edited by Robert Mandelbaum; 06 October 2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Mandelbaum View Post
      While the connecting lines are no longer all covered with gray (which is a great improvement), the inside of the boxes still are.
      This is actually a separate issue, and is not specific to Reunion -- we've been able to duplicate it in other applications, such as Pages. Removing the gradient as Nickj mentions will work around it.

We've submitted a bug report to Apple, so hopefully they will address it in a future update.
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

If you turn off the shadows, then save the chart as PNG, JPG, or TIFF, the resulting file won't have the shadow issue. Of course, that's not an ideal solution as those formats aren't nearly as high quality as PDF's - but until the update that fixes the issue is released, that's the only workaround.

HTH
        How do I turn off the Shadows?

Comment

Originally posted by pforbes View Post
          How do I turn off the Shadows?
          Shadows are turned off by selecting all chart boxes. (I.e., choose Object -> Select -> All Boxes.)

Then, along the toolbar on the left, select "None" from the "Shadow Depth" menu. (Note: by default, this is set to 3 pt.)

I hope you find this information helpful
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

This is actually a separate issue, and is not specific to Reunion -- we've been able to duplicate it in other applications, such as Pages. Removing the gradient as Nickj mentions will work around it.

We've submitted a bug report to Apple, so hopefully they will address it in a future update.
            Mark, did Apple get back to you on this or fix it in the 10.14.1 or in 10.14.2 updates?
            Dennis B. Swaney
            Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

Originally posted by romad View Post
              Mark, did Apple get back to you on this or fix it in the 10.14.1 or in 10.14.2 updates?
              I'm afraid we haven't heard anything further from Apple on this issue, aside from them acknowledging that it is a bug in macOS Mojave.

We are looking into ways of working around the issue, since Apple doesn't seem in any hurry to address it.
              Mark Harrison

Comment

Today we released a new build of Reunion 12 that addresses some of the Mojave issues with printing and creating pdf files.

To update to this latest build of Reunion 12, choose Help > Check for Updates in Reunion's main menubar.
                Gregg Witmer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Today we released a new build of Reunion 12 that addresses some of the Mojave issues with printing and creating pdf files.
                  The first fix listed for the new Reunion 12, build 181218, says "Addressed a problem where gradients would appear too dark when printing and creating PDF output with MacOS 10.14 Mojave." I can report that some version of that problem existed even in macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), which I am still running. When I printed a chart to a PDF with Reunion 12, build 181002, under High Sierra, what I noticed was that the colors of the boxes in the PDF appeared "muddy" compared to the colors displayed when viewing the original .boxchart12 file in Reunion. So I don't know if that's the same problem being described as "too dark" since I don't have Mojave. But the good news is that build 181218 did fix my problem, even on High Sierra.
                  Bruce Winton Christopher
                  Environment: Reunion 14 build 240325; macOS 10.15.7
                  bruce@bwchristopher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Christopher View Post
                    ...under High Sierra, what I noticed was that the colors of the boxes in the PDF appeared "muddy" compared to the colors displayed when viewing the original .boxchart12 file in Reunion. So I don't know if that's the same problem being described as "too dark" since I don't have Mojave. But the good news is that build 181218 did fix my problem, even on High Sierra.
                    Yes, that is a different problem that was also fixed in this most recent build.

Unlike the Mojave gradient problem (which only appeared when creating pdfs or when printing) this "muddy" look would show in the chart editor too and I think started appearing in High Sierra.

The muddy appearance in High Sierra was more subtle and tied to drop shadows. The overly dark gradient problem in Mojave was much less subtle and tied directly to the rendering of semi-transparent images (gradients) to pdf output.

Thank you for reporting that this update is working better for you.
                    Gregg Witmer

Comment

Is there still the issue with charts?

Are there any other known issues before I upgrade?

Is the upgrade to Mojave worth doing at all, come to that?

Happy Christmas to all,
                      Jamie.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnbarroch View Post
                        Is there still the issue with charts?
                        This issue has been resolved with the latest Reunion 12 update.

Are there any other known issues before I upgrade?
                        There are no other known issues at this time.

HTH
                        Mark Harrison

Comment

Thanks, Mark.
                          Happy Christmas,
                          Jamie.

Comment

Working...
                          X