DNA Indicator / New Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNA Indicator / New Field

Hi, I'm thinking of adding a field to use for indicating the distant cousins in my Tree that I've discovered through DNA Matches.
    Before I add this new field to my Reunion 12 Tree I'd like to hear if anybody else is doing something similar or used a different method?
    I'm also wondering if anybody knows if Reunion 12 might have any future plans of their own for a way to highlight DNA Matches.

Thank-you.

Re: DNA Indicator / New Field

Easiest way is to add a 'Flag', but the drawback is no note attached.
    Many Ancestry matches (that's what I use) have names that do not match their real name.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by JCraffey View Post
      Hi, I'm thinking of adding a field to use for indicating the distant cousins in my Tree that I've discovered through DNA Matches.
      Thank-you.
      I created a new Note field which I named "DNA Match" (in the Field Preferences I assigned it the abbreviation code "DNAm" and for GEDCOM tag I set that to "NOTE"). Then I can add this note field to each person with whom I have a DNA match and because it is a Note field there is plenty of room to write whatever I want about the match, including such details as the shared cM values, the websites where matches were found along with their DNA kit name or number. Then I created and saved a Find Preset which looks for any "DNA Match" Note field which "Is Not" blank (i.e. the value field in the Find is empty). So each time I run this Find Preset, I get a list in the Results Sidebar showing all my DNA matches.
      Bruce Winton Christopher
      Environment: Reunion 14 build 240325; macOS 10.15.7
      bruce@bwchristopher.com

Comment

Oh, I forgot about Flags. That's a good suggestion. I haven't used those yet but will look into it.
        I could use the flag for quick identification in the people listings and also create a new field to keep notes about the DNA match that I can include or exclude from reports.

Thank-you.

Comment

Working...
        X