This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing computers

My old Mac G4 has died and so I want to transfer my reunion 9 to a new MacBook. I have the codes for my 9 upgrade but I can only find 11 as downloads on the web site. (I also have disks for 7 & 8 but they just get rejected by the MacBook.) I can get access to the G4s hard drive. The MacBook is running 10.9.5

Re: Changing computers

Since the newer Macs run a different system and a different hard drive partition setup compared to your old G4, you will need to buy a new copy of a modern version of Reunion. Even if you still had the disks or cd of the old version, it would not install or run on your new Mac. Once you have a new version of Reunion installed on the new Mac, you should then be able to use it to convert the old data file to work with the newer version of Reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Countryman View Post
      Since the newer Macs run a different system and a different hard drive partition setup compared to your old G4, you will need to buy a new copy of a modern version of Reunion. Even if you still had the disks or cd of the old version, it would not install or run on your new Mac. Once you have a new version of Reunion installed on the new Mac, you should then be able to use it to convert the old data file to work with the newer version of Reunion.
      While this may be true with the Reunion 7 and 8 versions, however Reunion 9 reportedly still runs ok on Yosemite and El Capitan altho this is no longer being tested. See
      --> http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...xyosemite9.php
      Byron Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
        While this may be true with the Reunion 7 and 8 versions, however Reunion 9 reportedly still runs ok on Yosemite and El Capitan altho this is no longer being tested. See
        --> http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...xyosemite9.php
        If you go to the Reunion web site and look on the right of the Home Page you will see "Older Versions" Click on this and you will find a little way down the link to get Reunion 9,

Comment

Working...
        X