How to eliminate a period in "Book"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to eliminate a period in "Book"

I'm creating a Book. Each person's entry starts with their name followed by their birth info. In Field Preferences I have set Verb: was born, Place: in. I want the person's entry to be "Joe Jones was born in..." But the Book format inserts a period after the name. So I get, "Joe Jones. was born in... How can I avoid the period?

Re: How to eliminate a period in "Book"

Originally posted by ljirwin42 View Post
    I'm creating a Book. Each person's entry starts with their name followed by their birth info. In Field Preferences I have set Verb: was born, Place: in. I want the person's entry to be "Joe Jones was born in..." But the Book format inserts a period after the name. So I get, "Joe Jones. was born in... How can I avoid the period?
    Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you sure the verb isn't set to ". was born in" ?
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Worth checking, but the setting doesn't have a period.

Comment

Originally posted by ljirwin42 View Post
        Under field preferences for birth field, what is the setting for the narrative arrangement? I suspect you have arrangement set as “Verb Date Place” or similar. To get what you want it should be set as “Name Verb Place Date” or similar.
        The person’s name that you are seeing followed by a period is the “title” of the paragraph and not actually part of the narrative.
        Byron Spoon

Comment

Thanks Byron. It was the narrative. Your edit fixd the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X