X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customizing default fields/ Burial

Hi,
    I have been using Reunion for a while at a basic level and am learning more about it's capabilities. It is pretty amazing.

I would like to edit the default fields. I have read the part regarding this within the online manual. But, I am not sure what I read is what I need. I just can't seem to figure it out.

When looking at the Family View, I would like to add the Burial event below the Death event. How do I add this event and make it a default for everyone?

The directions I read is as follows, but I'm just missing something:

Default fields are those that appear automatically in the Edit Person window and Edit Family window when you add a new person or family.

Tip: When you add a field to a record (in the Edit Person window or Edit Family window), you'll have the opportunity to designate the field as a default field. This page explains how, when adding an event field in the Edit Person window, you can designate it as a default event, rather than using the Field Preferences window to set up default fields, which is described below.

To change the default fields...

Choose Reunion -> Preferences.
    Click Fields.
    Click Person.
    Click Events, Facts, or Notes.

To add a default field...

Select the field in the list of person fields on the left.
    Click the Add [FieldName] button on the right side, beneath the list of default fields.
    Margie Kirby
    - Glabas - Martin
    - Kirby - Mordecai

Re: Customizing default fields/ Burial

Originally posted by mrgkirby View Post
    Hi,
    <snip>
    To change the default fields...

Choose Reunion -> Preferences.
    Click Fields.
    Click Person.
    Click Events, Facts, or Notes.
    Do this instead...

Choose Reunion > Preferences
    Click "Family View"
    Click "Couple" at top
    Go down to "Fields" - click "Under the Couple Buttons"
    Go down to "Add Field" > Events > Burial
    Click & hold in middle of Burial field and drag it up to under Death field & let go

That should do it. You can close the Preferences window.

Hope this helps,
    Kaye

Edit: Oh, this is for R11 but think it works same way for R10
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 20 June 2015, 04:12 AM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Tahnk you kmgenealogy! That was so easy!!!
      Margie Kirby
      - Glabas - Martin
      - Kirby - Mordecai

Comment

Originally posted by mrgkirby View Post
        Tahnk you kmgenealogy! That was so easy!!!
        Glad it worked and I could help. Actually, you even helped me! I've been meaning to do this for my Family View but it slipped my mind (easy to do these days <grin>). So, I just did it as I was typing the directions for you!
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Thanks for posting this - I had been having trouble arranging items and this helped me immensely. I removed the Occupation and Religion from the data and put in Burial.

One item - after I added 'Burial' and it appeared where I wished it to, why is the burial location offset, i.e., printed one line below the Burial caption? Other data such as Birth, Death, etc., have the entry immediately to the right of the caption. Is there a way to correct this?
          Last edited by sgtbob; 26 March 2016, 08:09 AM. Reason: Added item

Comment

sgtbob,

I think I may have an answer having just experimented with my tree.

The burial location is offset because you need to enter a date. Leaving it blank will
            appear to have the location offset.

I've just deleted a date of an ancestor and the entry appears on a separate line.
            Put in a date and they all line up niceley.

Alan
            iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
              sgtbob,

I think I may have an answer having just experimented with my tree.

The burial location is offset because you need to enter a date. Leaving it blank will
              appear to have the location offset.

I've just deleted a date of an ancestor and the entry appears on a separate line.
              Put in a date and they all line up niceley.

Alan
              Color me red! I didn't view the problem in that manner and it works as you indicate. :-)

Comment

Working...
              X