X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking multimedia items attached to sources

Hi

I usually create a new source by duplicating an existing source of the same type (and, if possible, with one of the same names). I then edit as necessary.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I have occasionally forgotten to replace the original attached multimedia file of the source with the correct file for the new source.

Is there any way of checking that quickly? So far, all I can work out to do is to open my Source number 1 at the Multimedia tab, click on the file so that the file path appears at the bottom of the screen then click through the sources one by one. This is tedious!

I'd be grateful for any better ideas.

Thanks.

Helen

Re: Checking multimedia items attached to sources

Originally posted by Helen Reid View Post
    I usually create a new source by duplicating an existing source of the same type (and, if possible, with one of the same names). I then edit as necessary.
    Me too.
    However, I have a sneaking suspicion that I have occasionally forgotten to replace the original attached multimedia file of the source with the correct file for the new source.
    Me too - thankfully I'd say rarely rather than occasionally, but it does happen.
    Is there any way of checking that quickly?
    Don't think so. I would suggest you correct them as and when you find them - as with most other errors that one makes.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I feel better that I'm not alone!

Helen

Comment

Might be this is helpful: Reports -> Multimedia Usage.
        Go to: Show -> Duplicate Files, use the columnheader to sort
        Using the gearwheel you can set the settings.
        Think this is easier than tedious check all source items in the Source window
        Frans van Bodegom
        Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Hi Frans

Sorted. Thank you!

I couldn't see "Duplicate Files" under Show (just All Files, Found Files Only and Missing Files Only), maybe because I'm still using Reunion 10.

However, I sorted by the Usage column to find that there were 2 files used twice but those were correct (photograph attached to two individual).

That saved me some tedious work so thanks again.

Helen

Comment

Yep, I see. The item 'Duplicate files is only present in R11 and not in R10 … sorry for confusion
            Mind the gearwheel setting you can choose No person, Sources, All sources etc, so you are able to find the duplicates that are only linked to sources.
            I also had a few duplicate MM linked by choosing 'Duplicate source'
            Last edited by fjvanbodegom; 14 February 2016, 12:44 PM.
            Frans van Bodegom
            Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Working...
            X