This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undo not working in notes field

I entered a census record in the notes field, I wanted to copy this information to a text document, instead of pressing the correct key combination [Command Key + c] I pressed [Command Key + v] which replaced all of my census record with the last text I had copied, [Command Key + z] did not undo my mistake, this works in Reunion 9 and earlier.

I'm using the newest version 10.0.1 of Reunion.

Re: Undo not working in notes field

See this thread: http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthread.php?t=7464
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Unless he clicked on one of the tabs up at the top (Events, etc.) it should have been possible to cmd-z out of it. I couldn't reproduce what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by donworth View Post
        Unless he clicked on one of the tabs up at the top (Events, etc.) it should have been possible to cmd-z out of it. I couldn't reproduce what happened to him.
        In Reunion 9 and 10, I was able to Cmd-Z text entered in the Notes (Misc. Notes) as long as I didn't click out of the edit box. Click outside of it in either version, I can't undo.

If that wasn't the case, that you didn't click outside of the note field before pressing Cmd-Z, can't offer any help, since it does work on my system in both 9 and 10.

OS 10.7.4
        Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

Originally posted by harringg View Post
          In Reunion 9 and 10, I was able to Cmd-Z text entered in the Notes (Misc. Notes) as long as I didn't click out of the edit box. Click outside of it in either version, I can't undo.

If that wasn't the case, that you didn't click outside of the note field before pressing Cmd-Z, can't offer any help, since it does work on my system in both 9 and 10.

OS 10.7.4
          I just tried again by copying text from a line in this thread, then I opened an empty notes field in Reunion, I typed "This is a Test" (without quotes), selected the text and then did Command Key + v which pasted the copied text into the notes field, immediately without doing anything else I pressed Command Key + z and nothing happens the pasted text remains and my text "This is a Test" cannot be recovered.

I retried this by saving my original text by closing the Notes field, then reopening it and pasting some copied text over the saved This is a Test and again Command Key + z does not revert back to This is a Test text.

Comment

FWIW, I followed your directions as exactly as I could and when I hit command-z it reverted to "This is a test". Weird!

At another point I pasted some stuff I had copied off an Ancestry message exchange that had lots of odd formatting in it. When I did the command-z Reunion crashed. Not sure I can reproduce that.

I'm on 10.0.1

Comment

Gentlepersons: You are having the same discussion as is already in progress at the link I provided above. Maybe Leister staff can combine.....
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

We are seeing some strange undo behavior in the notes here too.

Undo in the notes should be corrected in the next free update.

Thanks for the details.
                Gregg Witmer
                Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                X