This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing field names

I've been remiss lately in reading Reuniontalk and what a lovely surprise it was to just find out about Reunion 10 - I will have to download it shortly and upgrade my stuff.

However tonight's query is this: I've cloned my main family file to create a database to work with for our class reunion. Obviously there are fields there that I don't want any longer - specifically a lot of the flags don't make sense any longer i.e. none of them appear in the 1841 census :-)

You would think that after using the application for over 20 years I would know the answer to this, but before I do anything irreversible, if I rename some of the flags or fields, is this local to the current file only? ie it won't affect my family file. Or are the changes stored in the application itself so it will affect all the files?

Thanks
    Kaye

Re: Changing field names

Originally posted by Kaye Saunders View Post
    if I rename some of the flags or fields, is this local to the current file only? ie it won't affect my family file. Or are the changes stored in the application itself so it will affect all the files?
    Field settings are specific to the Family File -- so, if you delete a flag/field/event in one Family File, the field(s) will remain in any other Family Files.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X