iMac to Mac Book Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMac to Mac Book Pro

I just purchased a new Mac Book Pro laptop. I’m expecting delivery on Monday, and it will replace my desktop iMac that serves as the host computer for my ReunionTouch program on my iPhone 7+.

I’m wondering, what I need to do to change the sharing status from my iMac to my laptop as the host?

Thank you for your time.
    Rick

Using Reunion 11.0.11 on my MacBook Pro (3.1 GHz, 8GB RAM).

Re: iMac to Mac Book Pro

Are you keeping the iMac? If so, just install Reunion & Dropbox on the MBP. Use the family file from the Dropbox folder, or, as I do, put an alias in your dock, and use it from there.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

I am not keeping the iMac. I sold it in favor of the more portable MacBook Pro.
      Rick

Using Reunion 11.0.11 on my MacBook Pro (3.1 GHz, 8GB RAM).

Comment

If you use Migration Assistant, you should be all set.

Actually, the same applies. Just make sure sharing is turned on for Reunion Touch. Do all of this, and double check it, before you wipe the iMac.

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
          If you use Migration Assistant, you should be all set.
          I'd actually recommend not using Migration Assistant to transfer the files that are in Dropbox - there's a slight chance it could cause problems, such as conflicted copies.

The simplest solution is to download and install Dropbox on your new Mac, and let it sync all your Dropbox files to the new Mac. Once Dropbox finishes syncing, simply open the family file from Dropbox in Reunion 11 on the new Mac. No further steps are necessary.

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            I'd actually recommend not using Migration Assistant to transfer the files that are in Dropbox - there's a slight chance it could cause problems, such as conflicted copies.
            HTH
            Good to know!

Comment

Working...
            X