Change Verbage in Book Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Verbage in Book Report?

In my Book Reports, a family member's spouse shows the following event information:
    "He married (Firstname) (Lastname) (Marriage Date); he was (age when married). Died (date of death)."
    Is it possible to insert the word "He" or "She" before the word "Died" to make it clear the date refers to when the spouse died and not the family member?
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Re: Change Verbage in Book Report?

Originally posted by thomprod View Post
    In my Book Reports, a family member's spouse shows the following event information:
    "He married (Firstname) (Lastname) (Marriage Date); he was (age when married). Died (date of death)."
    Is it possible to insert the word "He" or "She" before the word "Died" to make it clear the date refers to when the spouse died and not the family member?
    Yes. The Field Preferences can be adjusted to show this narrative arrangement...

Sex Verb Place Date.

(Actually, any of the Arrangements that include "Sex" or "Name" could be used to clarify "who" died. But, the one above does specifically what you are asking.)

To make this change, open your family file and choose Reunion -> Preferences.

Then, click on Fields.

Next, select the Death field in the Person Events list on the left.

Then, select an appropriate "Arrangement" in the "Narrative Form" section.

Finally, close the Preferences window and create another book.

Additional information about how narrative arrangements are used can be found in your manual by searching for "arrangement."

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Change Verbage in Book Report?

Perfect, thank you.
      Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Working...
      X