Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default fields in Family View

Hello.
    I am a long-time user of Reunion and just upgraded to Reunion 12, and am having difficulty figuring out how to set View preferences. Specifically, I do not want to see the Baptism, Burial, and Religion fields in either the Family or the Person Views.
    When I go to Preferences / Family and select the "Events" sub-menu, the Birth field shows up as a Default Family Event. When I switch over to the Preferences / Person menu, the Default Person Events show "Birth" and "Death." Why, then, do Baptism, Burial, and Religion still show up under Family View?
    This is an issue because these are fields that I do not use and take up too much computer screen space.
    Could someone help, please?
    many thanks in advance,
    Alison

Re: Default fields in Family View

Originally posted by Alison Kilpatrick View Post
    Hello.
    I am a long-time user of Reunion and just upgraded to Reunion 12, and am having difficulty figuring out how to set View preferences. Specifically, I do not want to see the Baptism, Burial, and Religion fields in either the Family or the Person Views.
    When I go to Preferences / Family and select the "Events" sub-menu, the Birth field shows up as a Default Family Event. When I switch over to the Preferences / Person menu, the Default Person Events show "Birth" and "Death." Why, then, do Baptism, Burial, and Religion still show up under Family View?
    Did you remove Baptism, Burial and Religion in the Family View Preferences (from the "Inside the Couple Buttons")? Are you using the view that you edited?

(That is, if you are using the Default View, did you remove those fields from the default view, and are you using the Default View? )
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Dennis.

I confess that, though I've used Reunion for many years, this upgrade has me very confused. I don't know what you mean by "inside the couple buttons."

The Person fields under the Preferences menu show only Birth and Death. Again, great.

However, the Default Family Events show only Birth -- yet the Family View shows the Birth, Bapt, Death, and Burial event fields, when all I want is Birth and Death there, too.

I'm attaching a .jpg file of the field prefs window for Family.

TIA, Alison

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Did you remove Baptism, Burial and Religion in the Family View Preferences (from the "Inside the Couple Buttons")? Are you using the view that you edited?

(That is, if you are using the Default View, did you remove those fields from the default view, and are you using the Default View? )

Comment

Screenshot attached, as mentioned.

Alison
        Attached Files

Comment

... and here is a screenshot of the family view, with unwanted Bapt and Burial event fields.

The answer is probably something unbelievably simple. ??

cheers,
          Alison
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alison,

What shows in the Family View is determined by the Family View Preferences, not the Field Preferences (which is what your first screenshot shows). The preferences in that screenshot determine what fields are present in the Edit Family screen (under the Events tab) when you add a new family. This is not the appropriate place for a "Birth" field so you'll probably want to go ahead and delete that field.

To configure what shows in the Family View under the couple buttons, you want to go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Family View, Couple, Under the Couple Buttons

HTH
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Hi Alison,

What shows in the Family View is determined by the Family View Preferences, not the Field Preferences (which is what your first screenshot shows). The preferences in that screenshot determine what fields are present in the Edit Family screen (under the Events tab) when you add a new family. This is not the appropriate place for a "Birth" field so you'll probably want to go ahead and delete that field.

To configure what shows in the Family View under the couple buttons, you want to go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Family View, Couple, Under the Couple Buttons

HTH
              This worked! Thank you very much for taking this time to help me sort this out :-).

More screen real estate for notes now.

cheers,
              Alison

Comment

Working...
              X