Two people with same name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two people with same name

I already have an Ida Smith in my database. When I try and add a second Ida Smith (no relation, I just have two in my family history) Reunion automatically goes to the first Ida Smith page, and I am not able to add any events in the second Ida Smith page. How do I work around this???

Re: Two people with same name

It sounds like you are seeing a message window with buttons at the bottom to "Disable This Feature," "Cancel," "Add the selected person," and "Continue Adding a New Person."

If so, click "Continue Adding a New Person."

Afterward, you should be able to add information to that person.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Two people with same name

Originally posted by Shelbyw View Post
      I already have an Ida Smith in my database. When I try and add a second Ida Smith (no relation, I just have two in my family history) Reunion automatically goes to the first Ida Smith page, and I am not able to add any events in the second Ida Smith page. How do I work around this???
      I am assuming that "Check for duplicates when adding new people" is turned on in your General preferences.

When you add your second Ida Smith (Edit -> Add Unrelated Person -> Female)

You should see a pulldown window warning you you already have an Ida Smith in the file. To successfully add a second Ida Smith, you need to click "Continue Adding a New Person" in that window.

I suspect you've been clicking one of the other choices and going to the Ida Smith already in the file.

If this isn't the case, and duplicate checking is off, ask again for a different answer
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
      X