How to change default folder for opening files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change default folder for opening files

I have just moved my family file to Dropbox on my Mac, in order to synch with Reunion Touch on my iPad. However, when I open Reunion 11 on my Mac, it is still defaulting to the old Reunion Files folder. I can search for Dropbox, but I would rather have Reunion 11 automatically open in the relevant Dropbox folder. Any ideas?
    Last edited by jeanffrench; 11 October 2017, 07:54 PM.

Re: How to change default folder for opening files

Originally posted by jeanffrench View Post
    I have just moved my family file to Dropbox on my Mac, in order to synch with Reunion Touch on my iPad. However, when I open Reunion 11 on my Mac, it is still defaulting to the old Reunion Files folder. I can search for Dropbox, but I would rather have Reunion 11 automatically open in the relevant Dropbox folder. Any ideas?
    Do not try to open Reunion on your Mac; place an alias of your family file in the dock and open from there.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Great idea. Now i just have to find out how to create an alias! I am sure Mr Google will help.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanffrench View Post
        Great idea. Now i just have to find out how to create an alias! I am sure Mr Google will help.
        Right-click on the icon. Choose "Make Alias" from the popup menu.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Tahnks! I have done it!

Comment

Additionally, you can have Reunion show the Dropbox folder in the "Open", instead of showing the Reunion Files folder. To do that, go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Folders, Family Files

And click "Choose Other Folder...", then locate and select the Dropbox folder. This can be useful if you have multiple family files in your Dropbox folder that you switch between while working in Reunion.

HTH
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Great, thanks Mark. This is what I really wanted to know, although the alias is also a good tip.

Comment

Working...
              X