Reset Sharing with Reunion Touch on iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset Sharing with Reunion Touch on iPhone

Reunion Touch says that it is sharing with Dropbox- but changes in Reunion 12 do not sync. The family file does appear in my Dropbox folder and does show up on my iPhone- just no syncing. On my computer, the file shows up as not shared when I click File>sharing status. I am trying to reset the sharing manually on my computer, following directions in the manual. I don't see the button to Reset as referred to in the manual. What am I missing here?

Re: Reset Sharing with Reunion Touch on iPhone

Originally posted by Melinda Anderson View Post
    On my computer, the file shows up as not shared when I click File>sharing status. I am trying to reset the sharing manually on my computer, following directions in the manual. I don't see the button to Reset as referred to in the manual. What am I missing here?
    If the file on your Macintosh shows up as not being shared, then sharing can not be reset.

What is the name and location of your Reunion 12 family file in your Dropbox folder?

In ReunionTouch, open your family file and then open Sharing Status - what file name and location appear below your email address.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      If the file on your Macintosh shows up as not being shared, then sharing can not be reset.

What is the name and location of your Reunion 12 family file in your Dropbox folder?

In ReunionTouch, open your family file and then open Sharing Status - what file name and location appear below your email address.
      The Dropbox file is Family 12. Located in Dropbox (no folder)

In Reunion 12, under Sharing Status it says /Family 12

Comment

The Dropbox file is Family 12. Located in Dropbox (no folder)

In Reunion 12, under Sharing Status it says /Family 12
        Check to make sure that you are logged into the same Dropbox account on both systems.

In ReunionTouch, the Sharing Status window will list an email address at the top of the list - this email address should be the same as the email address you see on your Macintosh when you open Dropbox Preferences in the Account section.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Check to make sure that you are logged into the same Dropbox account on both systems.

In ReunionTouch, the Sharing Status window will list an email address at the top of the list - this email address should be the same as the email address you see on your Macintosh when you open Dropbox Preferences in the Account section.
          I only have one Dropbox account. I can see Family 12 (the family file) in Dropbox on my computer and in the phone app. Not sure where the account section is.

Comment

I only have one Dropbox account. I can see Family 12 (the family file) in Dropbox on my computer and in the phone app. Not sure where the account section is.
            Assuming that the Dropbox icon is in your top bar.... Click on the icon then choose the gear icon. In the resulting popup, choose Preferences. Then you will see Account as one of the choices within Preferences..
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
              Assuming that the Dropbox icon is in your top bar.... Click on the icon then choose the gear icon. In the resulting popup, choose Preferences. Then you will see Account as one of the choices within Preferences..
              Thank you, Bob- I'm beginning to feel like a real idiot here! Dropbox does NOT show in the top bar of my MacBook. I access it through Finder. I don't see Preferences or Account as an option when I use the Gear icon.

I guess I should mention that I have had Reunion Touch for several years with no problems. The problem started when I opened my new file created with Reunion 12- that's when it stopped syncing. At first I didn't realize that it wasn't syncing, because the file opened fine. It was only after several months that I realized that changes I had made in Reunion on my computer had not transferred to my iPhone.

Comment

The pic here shows how to get the Dropbox icon (Dropbox calls it a badge) in Dropbox preferences.
                Attached Files
                rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thank you, Bob- I'm beginning to feel like a real idiot here! Dropbox does NOT show in the top bar of my MacBook. I access it through Finder. I don't see Preferences or Account as an option when I use the Gear icon.

I guess I should mention that I have had Reunion Touch for several years with no problems. The problem started when I opened my new file created with Reunion 12- that's when it stopped syncing. At first I didn't realize that it wasn't syncing, because the file opened fine. It was only after several months that I realized that changes I had made in Reunion on my computer had not transferred to my iPhone.
                  Melinda you are not the only one. Reunion Touch has worked perfectly for me since the beginning, but right after I merged two people into one on my computer, everyone in my Reunion Touch file disappeared - it shows zero people. Sharing on my computer and Reunion Touch say they are sharing. I've read all the above suggestions, and the dropbox window looks exactly the same as posted above. I've tried reseting sharing several times and nothing happens.

Comment

Carolyn: The first thing I would try is to delete the file on your phone or iPad then upload a fresh copy from the Mac.

Comment

Carolyn: The first thing I would try is to delete the file on your phone or iPad then upload a fresh copy from the Mac.
                      Uh oh, would you give me step by step directions on how to do this? It looks like I deleted my computer file which isn't a problem because I had done a backup copy - oh my gosh, I need a live-in tech.

Comment

I fumbled around for quite a while, then renamed my backup family file "Restored 5 July 2018", dragged it into dropbox, went to Reunion Touch, file sharing, and said download this newly named file. It did it! I am such a non-techie I can't tell you this is exactly what i did. I liked the old manual way to sync.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolyn Maydole Hoard View Post
                          Uh oh, would you give me step by step directions on how to do this? It looks like I deleted my computer file which isn't a problem because I had done a backup copy - oh my gosh, I need a live-in tech.
                          Glad you solved the problem. Deleting is really high tech! On the Welcome screen of Touch, slide your finger from right to left on the file name that you want to delete then tap the Delete button that just appeared on the right.

Comment

Glad you solved the problem. Deleting is really high tech! On the Welcome screen of Touch, slide your finger from right to left on the file name that you want to delete then tap the Delete button that just appeared on the right.
                            I keep looking at Reunion Touch to make sure it hasn't disappeared again! I'm good at making easy things complicated!

Comment

how I reactive the sync. ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X