Web Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Project

I created a Web Project about 183 MB. I put it in Dropbox and sent it to my husband. He is unable to open it. I tried also and Dropbox won't allow me to open it either. I still have 1 GB of space on my account Any idea why it won't open? If I can't send it via Dropbox, what is the best way to send it electronically?

Re: Web Project

Please be sure you're using this method to share the web project via Dropbox. It should work when shared as outlined there.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you. So simple.

Comment

Yes, simple, but unfortunately Dropbox still won't allow me to open it even when created as a Web Folder. I thought at first that it might be too big, but a small folder of only 12 generations doesn't work either.

Comment

Originally posted by mardicar View Post
          Yes, simple, but unfortunately Dropbox still won't allow me to open it...
          How are you trying to access the Web Project? E.g. are you trying to view it through the Dropbox website?

Thanks,
          Mark Harrison

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I read the directions again and followed them to the point of moving the content page onto the browser app. There is no way to select the content page. It is black and doesn't recognize the cursor.

Comment

Here is a page from the Dropbox Help Center that warrants review by both of you. https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-f...s-that-preview

Hopefully, the information sheds some light on this discussion.
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I read the directions again and followed them to the point of moving the content page onto the browser app.
                  I'd like to see a screenshot of what you're looking at here. You can find details on how to take a screenshot here.

You can either attach the screenshot to your reply here, or send it to help@leisterpro.com (be sure to include a reference to this post in your email if you do).

Thanks,
                  Mark Harrison

Comment

Sorry for the slow response. I just created a brand new Web Project via Web Folder. It doesn't appear complete to me. I don't see any way to open it.

Comment

I thought I add a screen shot, but don't see it. I'll try again.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's strange - if you try creating the web project again, do you get the same results?
                        Mark Harrison

Comment

I recreated the Web Project and it worked this time. I put it in Dropbox. Then I moved the folder to my Desktop. When I clicked the Index.htm it opened in a browser window. I didn't have to drop it onto the application icon. I will give it a couple more trials and hope it is good now. Thanks for the help along the way.

Comment

Well, I guess we are not done. I sent it off to my husband and he cannot open it. Dropbox will not allow him to transfer the folder to his computer. He tried putting the folder on his desktop and onto the Safari icon. He tried to put the index.html file on the Safari icon. No go. Dropbox just sends him a page with a padlock photo on it.

Comment

Dropbox will not allow him to transfer the folder to his computer. He tried putting the folder on his desktop and onto the Safari icon. He tried to put the index.html file on the Safari icon. No go.
                              Does he have his own Dropbox account and does he have Dropbox installed on his computer?

As noted in the instructions I linked to previously he will need to have a Dropbox account and will need Dropbox installed on his computer. Then, when he follows the link to the shared folder, he should see an option to download the shared folder to his Dropbox account.

The folder should then appear in the Dropbox folder on his Mac once Dropbox finishes syncing it. He can then open the web project from within Finder, not via the Dropbox website (which is what it sounds like he's currently trying to do).

HTH
                              Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
                              X