No Backup Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Backup Option?

I want to backup my file, but when I click on File the only options are Open, Open Recent, Close, Page Setup And Print. Do I need to close the file before I backup? I'm using 11.0.11.

Re: No Backup Option?

Find your family file(s). Highlight it/them and click command D to duplicate it.
    Move the dup to an external HD.
    OR, easier, just drag it to an external HD.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Reminder to all: Dropbox is duplicated on your local Mac. Location is Macintosh HD > Users > YourName.

If you are using Time Machine or equivalent, your family file is being backed up as that Dropbox folder is backed up unless you blacklist it.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by jcherepy View Post
        Do I need to close the file before I backup?
        No. If the main Reunion window (with the Navbar on the left and Sidebar on the right) is in front of all other windows, you should see a "Save a Backup Copy..." option in the File menu.

Based on what you reported seeing in the File menu, it sounds as if you have some other window (perhaps the manual?) in front of all other windows.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I'm not sure why, but when I closed and reopened Reunion I was able to make a back up.

Thanks to all who replied.

Comment

Working...
          X