Duplicating part of my tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicating part of my tree

I have a family tree in Reunion that goes back to the 1620s. Now I would like to do a tree with many of the same people, but just back to the first ancestors in each line who came to California. I cannot figure out how to move four generations of people into a new Reunion file.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did try the online manual but didn't find what I wanted to do.
    Terri Works - Fifth Generation Californian
    Using Reunion 11 and High Sierra OS

Re: Duplicating part of my tree

And I now use Reunion 11 and OS High Sierra in case that affects the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Terri Works View Post
      I have a family tree in Reunion that goes back to the 1620s. Now I would like to do a tree with many of the same people, but just back to the first ancestors in each line who came to California. I cannot figure out how to move four generations of people into a new Reunion file.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did try the online manual but didn't find what I wanted to do.
      Hi

What I would do is to mark the people you want to move - most likely by going to the farthest back one on each line and marking the descendant. Then I would go to File / Export / Reunion Family File and click on "marked people", "cited sources" "all multimedia" and press Export and give it a name - save it where you save your files and when you open the new file it should contain the four generations you want. As per usual, make a backup of the original file before you start :-)

Kaye

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye Saunders View Post
        Hi

What I would do is to mark the people you want to move - most likely by going to the farthest back one on each line and marking the descendant. Then I would go to File / Export / Reunion Family File and click on "marked people", "cited sources" "all multimedia" and press Export and give it a name - save it where you save your files and when you open the new file it should contain the four generations you want. As per usual, make a backup of the original file before you start :-)

Kaye
        Kaye - than you so much. It was so easy and now I have exactly the file I want. Obviously I need to spend more time learning the capabilities of Reunion.
        I have a young granddaughter who is a 7th generation Californian - what a great book I can make for her.

Comment

Working...
        X