Making Type Larger on Computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Type Larger on Computer?

Using Reunion 10. When I look at Family View on my computer screen, how can I make the type larger? Especially the names and birth and death information? I was able to make the list of people at the right larger, but need the other fields to be in larger type too. adTHANKSvance!

Re: Making Type Larger on Computer?

You didn't specify a version but most versions of Reunion enable control of fonts and sizes in Preferences > Family View. Each tab has a particular set of fields. Explore them and see if you can achieve your desired sizes.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thank you. I did say I am using Reunion 10. Your suggestion did help some fields. I had looked at Preferences, but with my poor vision I cannot read all the options. Is there a way to make the Preferences etc. larger?

I wish users had the option of setting preferences once and have them apply to all my files.
      Last edited by botteron; 23 September 2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by botteron View Post
        I did say I am using Reunion 10.
        Yes, but there are different versions of Reunion 10. The version number can be found on the "About Reunion" window; it should look something like "10.5.2". I don't know if the various versions of 10 are different with regard to fonts.

Originally posted by botteron View Post
        I wish users had the option of setting preferences once and have them apply to all my files.
        What you can do is create a blank file, set the preferences, then close it. You can open a copy of the file and import the other Reunion file into it, and the preferences will apply to the imported file. You'll want to change the name of the file.

It's convoluted, but it may be easier than setting the preferences in each file if your having trouble.

In Reunion 11, and probably in Reunion 10, though I don't remember for sure, you can enlarge the type of the family view by typing command-"+". And shrink it by typing command-"-". You can repeat the commands till the type is the right size.

This may be enough to help your initial problem with names and dates.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Another way to make everything in window larger, is changing display characteristics in System Preferences. I'm using El Capitan, so my instructions may vary slightly wither Newer OS-- Sierra and High Sierra.
          From Apple Menu > System Preferences > Display>
          On Display tab, choose Resolution: Scaled
          Then choose one of text sizes to left of Default (I use the one between Default and Larger Text)
          Other settings I leave unchanged
          Closing window or returning to System Preferences saves your changes.

Tom Carlson
          Late 2015 iMac Retina 4K 21.5 inch display
          tomc7@mac.com
          t-carlson

Comment

Thank you all. I think I have it fixed now. It's a bit tricky when the type in the menus is too small for me to read. :-}

Comment

When I made the type larger, the window became larger than my screen. I can move it to left or right, but not up or down. The bar at the bottom with the "back" and "forward" arrows is no longer visible, so moving around is difficult. I tried making some of the type smaller but the size of the window did not change. Suggestions please?

Comment

Working...
              X