Encyclopedia of Jewish Genealogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encyclopedia of Jewish Genealogy

For those doing research into Jewish family members, I wanted to share a resource I created last year, called the B&F Encyclopedia of Jewish Genealogy. It contains links to resources online for over 200 countries, over 80 provinces/states (for US, Canada and Poland currently), and for Poland roughly 1000 towns. There are over 12,000 resources on the site, and each resource has a page that you can add your own comments to, to share how the resource helped you, what tips and tricks there are, etc.

In 1991 two pioneers of Jewish genealogy, Arthur Kurzweil and Miriam Weiner, published the first volume of what was supposed to be a continuing series, The Encyclopedia of Jewish Genealogy, Volume 1: Sources in the United States and Canada. I don't know how long it was in print. I have never read th

I hope people find it useful.

Philip

Re: Encyclopedia of Jewish Genealogy

Many thanks for posting that Philip.

If anyone is looking at Jewish Genealogy in Ireland this site is also very useful:

Irish Jewish Roots researched jewish Names world wide Jews of Ireland. Irish Jewish Genealogical Society

Stuart was in class with me in UCD and is the 'go-to' guy over here.

I hope this is also useful for people.

Comment

Working...
    X