This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend

I have had Reunion 11 only for one day, but I feel ready to recommend it. Its basic layout and appearance are just like Reunion 10 - which is good - but with many really neat new features and added functionality. I am pleased to have the new Find Relationship section, the collapsible Navbar, the Feasibility list, the extra information in the Places list, and much else besides. I have yet to try syncing with Reunion Touch. Well done Leister!

Re: Recommend

One tiny feature that will probably not be noticed by most but has been desired for years by others is the ability to search directly on child status.

Also, others may have more use for the islands feature for high powered analysis than I do, but goodness did it help me scrub my file of people I had no idea were in there.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post

Also, others may have more use for the islands feature for high powered analysis than I do, but goodness did it help me scrub my file of people I had no idea were in there.
      Me too.
      Terry

Comment

I posted the link to the 11 new features video to our local genealogy workgroup. The response I got back from one of them was simply "I wish I had a Mac!" I had my credit card out before the video was half over.

I wasn't that happy with the changes in Reunion 10 - especially how much screen real estate it took compared with earlier versions. But that has been nicely addressed in 11. Thank you!!

Source merging will be SO much easier now too.

I think the Book feature is the best implementation of that sort of thing I have seen. Still not good enough for me (because I want to be able to drop photos of any size into my Register Report text and create captions under them) so I will stick to InDesign, but I think for many people it will be just great.

I was a little surprised there wasn't any nod to genetic genealogy. I really expected at least some built in facts or some such.

I do like the dropbox integration between Reunion 11 and the ReunionTouch apps. Very slick! Although I'm surprised you can't run two concurrent instances of Reunion 11 against the Dropbox file as well.

And Islands will be a godsend for keeping track of my one-name-study where I have tons of unrelated families (with the same surname) scattered all over my database.

All in all, well worth the cost of the upgrade.

Don

Comment

Like everyone else I love the new features, especially Islands, as I too am doing a surname study, so I have lots of unconnected people.
          My husband, also doing one name study but on a Windows computer, has asked me to load a gedcom so he can have a look.

The other features I love are the symbols on the marriage bar, yay, as well as the shrinkable sidebar and the new book feature. Very happy!!

I've bought Reunion Touch too, but haven't experimented with it. I've not had the need to use Dropbox before, but I use iCloud (MobileMe from old days) and Omnifocus sync so I can't imagine I'll have any dramas.

Great work guys!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X