This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCEXAMPLE versus McEXAMPLE

I prefer to use UPPER-CASE SURNAMES, but the 100 or so Mc surnames are also by default showing as MC (as in MCEXAMPLE). I couldn't find any other posts here on this, so I must ask: is it possible to display as McEXAMPLE ?

Same may apply to Mac and Van, but not so problematic. I'll mention that I recently went through and changed all 95 'Mc' names in my database only to see them revert
    John in Brisbane, Australia
    Reunion 12 & FTM on iMac, with Reunion & Ancestry on iPad & iPhone
    Ancestry ID: johnmeara1
    GEDmatch: A369974 & Admin for T578930, T249754, A943304, A193103, T826422

Re: MCEXAMPLE versus McEXAMPLE

Originally posted by John Meara View Post
    I prefer to use UPPER-CASE SURNAMES, but the 100 or so Mc surnames are also by default showing as MC (as in MCEXAMPLE). I couldn't find any other posts here on this, so I must ask: is it possible to display as McEXAMPLE ?

Same may apply to Mac and Van, but not so problematic. I'll mention that I recently went through and changed all 95 'Mc' names in my database only to see them revert
    Hi, John.

I managed to get them OK (see screen captures from the people sidebar). I used to have to do something to keep them Mc instead of MC: I option-clicked on another field (e.g. the First name field) instead of clicking Return or Tab, and that did the trick; however, I just checked, and it seems now that I just have to write the name as I want it, and then click Tab, and the name stays Mc (even if I have the option of putting the surname in UPPERCASE). This works also with other prefixes, like "de RAINVILLE" or "ISOIR dit PROVENÇAL" in French, or again "dos FONTES" in Portuguese.
    Attached Files
    Réal Rodrigue {Rodrigue, Rioux, Labrecque, Pearson ...}
    http://www.rodrigue.phpnet.org/
    Reunion 10.0.6 & 11.0.6; Reunion for iPad; Reunion for iPhone
    MacBook Pro — OSX 10.10.5 ; iPhone 5 — iOS 9.0.2 ; iPad Mini 2 Retina — iOS 9.0.2
    Firefox, Safari, Chrome

Comment

Working...
    X