This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhoto "Upgrade" breaks links

I have see the various posts about how the new iPhoto (because it is now a database) will not allow reunion to link to files in it anymore.

However, I cannot find a simple way to get reunion to tell me (in a list) what links are broken.

I had some photos in iphoto (the rest were just in the regular OS X file system), but I do not have time to manually hunt for them.

Reunion is already "looking" in the right place for files, but the iphoto files were "just" in iphoto.

I need to find out which links are broken, and then copy the files out of iphoto to where reunion is looking for them.

What is the simple way to get reunion to tell me (in a list) what links are broken?

Thanks.

Mac

Re: iPhoto "Upgrade" breaks links

Originally posted by Paul_LCC View Post
    However, I cannot find a simple way to get reunion to tell me (in a list) what links are broken.
    Try this:
    [1] go to Reunion -> Preferences
    [2] select the "Multimedia Files" preferences
    [3] click the "Repair Media Locations" button

If any links are missing and can't be found and relinked, you will be given an option to produce a Multimedia Usage report

You can also produce a multimedia usage report by selecting "Reports" in the navbar on the left, and then selecting "Multimedia Usage" (but this won't try to repair the links).
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

The problem is that some of these broken link photos are sitting in another folder (or two).
      I do not want reunion to link to that folder. I am cleaning things up.
      I just want a list of broken links.

If I do "Reports" in the navbar on the left, and then select "Multimedia Usage", I just see 124 Found Files and no Missing Files.

I am - sure - that I have more than 124 MM files.

In fact, I see that some files that I just linked this morning are not in that list...

Mac
      Last edited by Paul_LCC; 15 March 2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

The problem is that some of these broken link photos are sitting in another folder (or two).
        I do not want reunion to link to that folder. I am cleaning things up.
        I just want a list of broken links.
        Reunion won't look in any folder unless it is listed under "Search these locations for missing media items..." in the Repair Media Locations window. If you don't enter the folder's name (or the name of a folder of which it is a subfolder) in that panel, it won't be searched.

There's a second area where you can enter the name of any folders you specifically want *NOT* to be searched.

There is also a box to check if you want it to search iPhoto Library, which I think you want *not* to be checked.

If I do "Reports" in the navbar on the left, and then select "Multimedia Usage", I just see 124 Found Files and no Missing Files.

I am - sure - that I have more than 124 MM files.

In fact, I see that some files that I just linked this morning are not in that list...
        There's a drop-down menu at the top of the Multimedia Usage report panel where you can select "All Files", "Missing Files Only", or "Found Files Only". It sounds like you have "Found Files Only" selected; you want "Missing Files Only".
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Dennis,

Thanks so much.

I did not have the proper search filter chosen (not "All").

Now I see 1298 files.

I found those missing, in the "trash", or in the wrong folder, and fixed those.

Thanks a milion.

all the best,
          Mac (and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you)

Comment

Working...
          X