This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surname list?

I've been corresponding with a distant relative and we both have a lot of people named Babcock in each of our trees. Is it possible to generate a list of all the people named Babcock in my database along with their vital dates and spouses? I'd like to send her a report in Word if possible so she can compare and see other possible matches. I can't seem to find a way to do it, even though I think I've done something like that in the past.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adrian

Re: Surname list?

Originally posted by ACard View Post
    I've been corresponding with a distant relative and we both have a lot of people named Babcock in each of our trees. Is it possible to generate a list of all the people named Babcock in my database along with their vital dates and spouses? I'd like to send her a report in Word if possible so she can compare and see other possible matches. I can't seem to find a way to do it, even though I think I've done something like that in the past.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adrian
    Hi Adrian,

- Click on "People" in left sidebar.
    - In right sidebar, go down to very bottom & click on the orange/brown pages icon
    - In database screen that comes up as a separate window, put the surname you want in the search box. - Then you can tweak the database for the info that you want to show. Add columns using the yellow grid box at the bottom left of the database screen.
    - When you are ready to print the info, go down to the blue arrow/box in the database screen & choose your word processor. If you don't have a choice for MS Word, you will need to go into Reunion Preferences for Reports and set up your word processor choice.
    - If you don't have MS Word, you can download, for free, & use the word processor in either LibreOffice or OpenOffice. Your relative's MS Word should be able to open the word processor document from either program.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 14 February 2015, 12:11 AM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Hi, Kaye,

Thanks so much! That worked like a charm!

Have a good weekend,
      Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
        Hi Adrian,

- Click on "People" in left sidebar.
        - In right sidebar, go down to very bottom & click on the orange/brown pages icon
        - In database screen that comes up as a separate window, put the surname you want in the search box. - Then you can tweak the database for the info that you want to show. Add columns using the yellow grid box at the bottom left of the database screen.
        - When you are ready to print the info, go down to the blue arrow/box in the database screen & choose your word processor. If you don't have a choice for MS Word, you will need to go into Reunion Preferences for Reports and set up your word processor choice.
        - If you don't have MS Word, you can download, for free, & use the word processor in either LibreOffice or OpenOffice. Your relative's MS Word should be able to open the word processor document from either program.

Hope this helps.
        Thank you so much. I was having a heck of a time figuring out what happened to the LIST feature... Now I know..

Comment

Working...
        X