This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove a spouse

I am trying to remove a person I mistakenly added as a spouse. This person is in the family, and is the brother of the actual spouse.

The manual says to go to the Person menu button and choose Spouses and children, then choose Edit Spouses. I do that. I choose Spouses and Children, BUT the words "Edit Spouses" does not appear for me! And, of course, REMOVE SPOUSE does not appear either.

I am stumped. What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

Help!
    Last edited by Pamela_T; 08 February 2015, 10:53 PM.

Re: Remove a spouse

Originally posted by Pamela_T View Post
    I am trying to remove a person I mistakenly added as a spouse. This person is in the family, and is the brother of the actual spouse. <snip> Help!
    On the family card page, click & hold on his name & drag him to the Clipboard near the bottom of the left sidebar. That should leave everyone else and a blank for the spouse. You can then add the correct spouse.

You can then add the brother under his parents by opening up his parents' family card and dragging him from the Clipboard into the children's area. A dialogue will come down asking if you want to add him, just click yes and he should be in the right place. If you had already added him to his parents' family card, you can delete him from the clipboard.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 08 February 2015, 11:31 PM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Thank you. I did that and it worked. Again thank you so much. The spouse issue have been fixed.
      I wonder why the manual said what it said ???

About the brother, he was already in the correct family under his parents. Now my clipboard shows his name with a LINK mark. I have tried dragging him on to himself, but nothing happens. Will he be on the clipboard forever?? How do I get him off it?

Comment

........ manual says to go to the Person menu button and choose Spouses and children, then choose Edit Spouses. I do that. I choose Spouses and Children, BUT the words "Edit Spouses" does not appear for me! And, of course, REMOVE SPOUSE does not appear either........
        You just didn't read that item in the manual completely. The last sentence states "the Edit Spouses menu item appears only when more than one spouse is linked to a person."
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thank you. I did that and it worked. Again thank you so much. The spouse issue have been fixed.
          I wonder why the manual said what it said ???

About the brother, he was already in the correct family under his parents. Now my clipboard shows his name with a LINK mark. I have tried dragging him on to himself, but nothing happens. Will he be on the clipboard forever?? How do I get him off it?
          In the Clipboard, right-click (or control-click if you don't have the ability to right-click) on his name. The first choice is to remove him from the clipboard. Click on it and he's no longer linked and is gone. The one already linked to his parents should still be there as they are separate entries.
          Last edited by kmgenealogy; 09 February 2015, 02:03 AM.
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

About the manual:
            Maybe we are looking at two different pages of the manual. Or I have a different version of the manual. :-) I do have Reunion 10... and I updated from 9, I wonder if my manual stayed the same as 9???

I was looking at the section titled "Removing or Unlinking Spouses" The last line of THIS section says: "This will remove the spouse from a person; however, it does not delete the spouse from the family file. You can always locate the removed spouse in the People sidebar."

My manual does not say what you mention unless it is in a different section. I did not read all the sections on this topic. Perhaps I need to get an updated manual.... I have uploaded a jpeg of the section I am referring to. I hope this helps.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it was a different part. This is in the section titled Correcting Mistakes, Using the Clipboard. My apologies -- you were in a different pew.
              Attached Files
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Well, it at least appears to be easier to "Remove a spouse" in Reunion than I am told it is in real life!!
                Bob Emnett
                V9.0c, X10.10.5
                rosebob.emnett "at" yahoo.com

Comment

Hello Bob White

Well, I have been meaning to read the whole manual at least once, but I have not. My bad!!

I really appreciate all your help. I really like this program and enjoy using it!

Comment

Working...
                  X