Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chart; Title, Return Address & Signature, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart; Title, Return Address & Signature, etc.

I am really surprised not to be able to save my recurring various personal information to be used in Charts as defaults. It seems like once I've typed in the information on one chart, I should be able to have access to it for the next chart I make. For instance, why can't I replace the "John Doe 123 Any Street, My Town, ST 12345-1234," with my own address and have it saved for future use? This seems like a reasonable and efficient thing to want to do. Actually, at first, I expected Chart to pull info from the return address I entered in Reunion's Report Prefs. Obviously that didn't happen. I even thought it might be a function that could be set in the Layout Editor for Chart. Am I just overlooking the way to do this?

Re: Chart; Title, Return Address & Signature, etc.

Originally posted by stokesy View Post
    I am really surprised not to be able to save my recurring various personal information to be used in Charts as defaults. It seems like once I've typed in the information on one chart, I should be able to have access to it for the next chart I make. For instance, why can't I replace the "John Doe 123 Any Street, My Town, ST 12345-1234," with my own address and have it saved for future use? This seems like a reasonable and efficient thing to want to do. Actually, at first, I expected Chart to pull info from the return address I entered in Reunion's Report Prefs. Obviously that didn't happen. I even thought it might be a function that could be set in the Layout Editor for Chart. Am I just overlooking the way to do this?
    Hi.

Go to the Manual, and do a search for "signature" (without the quotes). Then, click on the second item that appears (Saving Default Attributes for Text Objects, Adding Text to a Chart).

Réal.
    Réal Rodrigue {Rodrigue, Rioux, Labrecque, Pearson ...}
    http://www.rodrigue.phpnet.org/
    Reunion 10.0.6 & 11.0.6; Reunion for iPad; Reunion for iPhone
    MacBook Pro — OSX 10.10.5 ; iPhone 5 — iOS 9.0.2 ; iPad Mini 2 Retina — iOS 9.0.2
    Firefox, Safari, Chrome

Comment

Yea! I don't know what I was using for my search terms when I tried to look this up in the manual, but I wasn't finding it. Thank you so much. I knew it had to be doable. And now I can even customize it, so all the info I want to add can be in one text box, and it will pull in the fields I want! Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigue View Post
        Hi.

Go to the Manual, and do a search for "signature" (without the quotes). Then, click on the second item that appears (Saving Default Attributes for Text Objects, Adding Text to a Chart).

Réal.
        I'm glad this question was asked and appreciate your answer. I will follow your suggestion.

Comment

Working...
        X