This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit/convert event of type Misc:

I have imported GEDCOM files at various times and have event entries of type 'Misc: Arrival' and 'Misc: Departure'. I assume these have arrisen from the way the GEDCOM import was handled.
    In my database I use events Arrival and Departure. I do not want both sorts.

Any guidance on how to convert these entries? I cannot edit the field directly and the Move facility in Preferences only allows me to move all events of, say, Miscellaneous to another Event.

The only option I know is to create a new event of the desired type in the event list and then copy the fields across and finally delete the unwanted original - very tedious.

Surely there is a better way? Any help appreciated.

Tony
    Tony Voss
    antipole genealogy pages

Re: How to edit/convert event of type Misc:

Originally posted by Tony Voss View Post
    I have imported GEDCOM files at various times and have event entries of type 'Misc: Arrival' and 'Misc: Departure'. I assume these have arrisen from the way the GEDCOM import was handled.
    In my database I use events Arrival and Departure. I do not want both sorts.

Any guidance on how to convert these entries? I cannot edit the field directly and the Move facility in Preferences only allows me to move all events of, say, Miscellaneous to another Event.

The only option I know is to create a new event of the desired type in the event list and then copy the fields across and finally delete the unwanted original - very tedious.

Surely there is a better way? Any help appreciated.

Tony
    Hi Tony,

Before offering a suggestion, I would like you to check something for me.

Open Reunion -> Preferences and click on Fields.

Then, select the Person tab in the upper left corner.

Next, select Events.

Do you see each a separate listing for "Misc: Arrival" and "Misc: Departure" in the Person Events list on the left?

Please let me know and we'll go from there.

Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your interest.

I only have one Misc. field, viz: Misc. Event.

Please see attached screen shots. For completeness I attach the list of events in the preferences; the events as displayed on the family card (where they show up as 'Undef') and the events as displayed in the events view.

Tony
      Attached Files
      Tony Voss
      antipole genealogy pages

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Voss View Post
        Hi and thanks for your interest.

I only have one Misc. field, viz: Misc. Event.

Please see attached screen shots. For completeness I attach the list of events in the preferences; the events as displayed on the family card (where they show up as 'Undef') and the events as displayed in the events view.

Tony
        Hi Tony,

It appears there is no way for you to easily make the change. However, we should be able to change "Misc: Arrival" and "Misc: Departure" to simply "Arrival" and "Departure" for you using an in-house tool.

Please send your family file to us at....

sales@leisterpro.com

Be sure to include a note reminding me of what you would like us to do.

If your family file is too large to send using your regular email service, try sending it using a free email service for sending large files (such as "emaillargefile.com") or upload it to Dropbox and send a link to me.

Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X