This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to put tax assessment records

I'm preparing a family file to work with a genealogist. She indicated to me to include Tax Assessment Records and to note the nearest neighbors on both. Where is the best place to include this type of information? I currently have it as notes, but it just seems like a sloppy place to put it. Any suggestions?

Re: Where to put tax assessment records

I decided to make them an event much like Census...does anyone know how to make a custom event? If not, I can make it a misc. event.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eventide View Post
      I decided to make them an event much like Census...does anyone know how to make a custom event? If not, I can make it a misc. event.

thanks.
      Hi Desiree,

I think putting the Tax Assessment info in an event, like the census records, is the right way to go.

In the Events Window of a family card, go down to the "Add Events" button (green +). Click on the "Event Preferences" button. On left side, click on "Add Event". This will bring up a "New Event" - change the name to what you want. Click on the ? in lower left corner. The manual will come up in the Person & Family Fields section. Read about Narrative Form & GEDCOM Tag to see what to connect to your new Event Field. Others may have to help you with those because I don't know much about them.

Hope this is helpful,
      Kaye
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

thanks! That works.

Comment

Working...
        X