This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEDCOM import - which tags are ignored

I am importing a Roots Magic GEDCOM file with 6000 individual records to Reunion 10.0.6.
    Is there any way to get Reunion to give warning messages during the import, such as warnings about tags that it does not understand? (my import gives no warnings or errors, and seems to work pretty well, although I can see that it is ignoring some of the GEDCOM tags)

Is there a list of GEDCOM tags that are ignored by Reunion import? Or maybe a list of GEDCOM tags that are used by Reunion import?

Specific examples:

How does Reunion import handle _PRIM tags? For example if a GEDCOM record for an individual has 2 BIRT tags with different DATE/PLAC, and one of those
    is marked with _PRIM, does Reunion use the one that is marked _PRIM (primary)? Or does Reunion alway use the first BIRT tag? (it seems to me that Reunion import is just using the info from the first BIRT tag (or first DEAT tag) and ignoring any subsequent BIRT (or DEAT) tags for that individual.

Does Reunion import of a GEDCOM file ignore everything under a _TMPLT tag? (such as FIELD, NAME, VALUE and other tags)

Does Reunion import of a GEDCOM file use EVEN and TYPE tags, or does it ignore them?
Working...
X