This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find my other "Family Tree"

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if it's called a family tree, or family file. When I first got Reunion 10 a little over a month ago, I was getting ready for a family reunion. I thought I downloaded both family trees from Family Tree Maker to Reunion. But I can only find the one for the side that had the reunion. I can't find the other one. How do I find it, if it's there? I'm really new to Reunion, and couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere.
    I also am not sure how I will know if people answer my post. thank you so much.

Lin Herz
    Last edited by Frank; 12 October 2014, 11:11 AM.

Re: Can't find my other "Family Tree"

Originally posted by Lin Herz View Post
    ...I thought I downloaded both family trees from Family Tree Maker to Reunion. But I can only find the one for the side that had the reunion. I can't find the other one. How do I find it, if it's there?
    If you imported two different GEDCOM files into two different Reunion family files, then you saved them somewhere on your hard drive -- most likely in your Documents/Reunion Files folder. If you go to the Finder, you should see them inside that folder. If not, then do a search in the Finder (choose File > Find), just like you'd search to find any other file in the Finder.
    Last edited by Frank; 12 October 2014, 11:18 AM.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Would it be called Humberg/Herz/Buehler/Levi.familyfile10? I can't find the other tree on my computer.
      There are two of these, possibly as I tried using an ancestry.com Gedcom and that didn't send photos so I downloaded to Family Tree Maker and then transferred that to Reunion. I could not find my other tree (which is just my Mom's side of the family, but has some additional information on her side that the Humberg/Herz/Buehler/Levi file does not. But I don't remember how to get the Buehler/Adler/Levi/Herz tree into Reunion. Can you help?
      Thanks so much.

Comment

"Humberg/Herz/Buehler/Levi.familyfile10" is a Reunion family file (note the extension "familyfile10").

So, any file that ends in "familyfile10" is a Reunion family file.

However, beyond that, I'm confused by your description.

You should probably either email our help@LeisterPro.com address with more details, or call on Monday afternoon (east coast time).

Last edited by Frank; 12 October 2014, 12:32 PM.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Using Spotlight, did you try doing a search using "*.familyfile10" (without the quote marks)? That will give you a list of all files on your Mac that contain the Reunion 10 extension name.

Otherwise, like Frank, I'm confused. Your first note indicates that you can find only one of two files. Your next message talks about remembering how to get it into Reunion (maybe?) which kind of sounds like you found the other file.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            "Humberg/Herz/Buehler/Levi.familyfile10" is a Reunion family file (note the extension "familyfile10").

So, any file that ends in "familyfile10" is a Reunion family file.

However, beyond that, I'm confused by your description.

You should probably either email our help@LeisterPro.com address with more details, or call on Monday afternoon (east coast time).

http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/lp/contactus.php
            Thank you so much. I guess I did not download my other tree onto Reunion. I have had some exciting things happen this month with my dad's side of the family, and haven't needed til today to work on the other side. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
              Using Spotlight, did you try doing a search using "*.familyfile10" (without the quote marks)? That will give you a list of all files on your Mac that contain the Reunion 10 extension name.

Otherwise, like Frank, I'm confused. Your first note indicates that you can find only one of two files. Your next message talks about remembering how to get it into Reunion (maybe?) which kind of sounds like you found the other file.
              Thanks, Bob. I tried using spotlight as you suggested, but only found the big file with both families in one tree, but not the tree with just my mom's side. I will have to call Reunion tomorrow. I appreciate your help. Is there a way to save emails such as this for future reference?

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Herz View Post
                Thanks, Bob. I tried using spotlight as you suggested, but only found the big file with both families in one tree, but not the tree with just my mom's side. I will have to call Reunion tomorrow. I appreciate your help. Is there a way to save emails such as this for future reference?
                All sorts of ways.
                --Create a folder in your mail program, and drag the emails to that.
                --Cut and paste the contents of the emails to a text file called HOW-TO-Reunion.
                --Print the email and choose "save as a PDF file".
                --Print each email to paper (probably the worst technique!).

Comment

I believe that Lin meant "how to print this thread" but called it an email. The third solution is the best one.

While anywhere in the thread, initiate Print (icon in toolbar or command P). Pop up the PDF menu in the lower left corner of the print dialog box. Choose second item which is Save as PDF, specify where to save to in the resulting dialog box then click the Print button.
                  Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                  Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                  iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
                  X