This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia

Have just started adding pictures and, evidently, doing something wrong! already have 52 out of 350 that are showing as "unable to find with question mark and camera". Pictures are still showing on family sheet but when clicked on, get the unable to find window. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Multimedia

Hi,

Is it possible you are deleting the original image files after you've added them to Reunion? Or that they are stored on an external hard drive?

The reason I ask is because Reunion does not import the images into it's database, it simply links to the existing image files on your hard drive. If those files can not be accessed, either because they were deleted or because the drive they're stored on is not connected to your Mac, then Reunion won't be able to load them when you click on them to bring them up in the Media window.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Frank; 22 July 2014, 07:43 PM.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

That is exactly what I was doing. The ones I put in iPhoto are "not" missing. Thanks

Comment

For anyone else following this thread, another reason you might get the camera and question mark icon is if you change the file name. The file may be exactly where you left it when you first linked it to your Reunion database, but I discovered (the hard way) that if you re-name the file, Reunion won't be able to recognize it anymore.

So, be sure to have your filename conventions figured out first, before linking photos. I had changed my way of naming census captures, and broke more than 100 links in the process.

BTW, this doesn't mean you can never re-name your images. Just be sure to drag it into the Family card again after re-naming, and go into the Multi-media window to delete the link to the old filename.

Susan Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Freas Rogers View Post
          ...another reason you might get the camera and question mark icon is if you change the file name...
          This is not true, in Reunion 10.
          It was true in earlier versions of Reunion.
          Last edited by Frank; 23 July 2014, 08:15 PM.
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I just upgraded to 10 and had not attached pictures before. I was doing the same thing as Sully -- either filing my photos in my Dropbox file or trashing the ones I pulled off line. Where should the photos go? Into iPhoto or a special Reunion folder put on my hard drive? Or have I not found the right place in the manual that explains this?
            Last edited by Frank; 01 September 2014, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Graben View Post
              ...Where should the photos go? Into iPhoto or a special Reunion folder put on my hard drive?
              We recommend putting the picture files into a folder and then linking them to people, families, and source records in Reunion. Your picture folder (and its subfolders, if you use them) can reside anywhere.
              A good location is in: [UserName]/Pictures/Reunion Pictures. That particular folder should be waiting for you already, after you installed Reunion 10.
              Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Graben View Post
                Where should the photos go? Into iPhoto or a special Reunion folder put on my hard drive? Or have I not found the right place in the manual that explains this?
                I place my Reunion Pictures with my other Reunion files at:
                [UserName]/Documents/Reunion files/Pictures - Reunion
                This allows me to easily move all of my Reunion files to another computer or share them with Dropbox.

Here is a picture of how my files are setup:
                Attached Files
                Jon

iMac late-2015 (iMac 17,1) and macOS Sierra version 11.12.x
                Reunion 11.x & Safari 10.x

Comment

Working...
                X