This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidating cemetery entries

Over the years, as I have entered burials, I have entered many cemeteries, some of them hundreds of times. I now frequently have the same cemetery entered with many very slight differences.

I would like to be able to enter a key word to pull up a list of all those entries and change them to a uniform entry in one swoop. Is that possible?

(Hope I have explained this clearly.)

Re: Consolidating cemetery entries

In browsing through the earlier threads, I found one entitled "Find and Replace." I believe it is essentially asking the same question. However, no one seemed to have a solution in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
      In browsing through the earlier threads, I found one entitled "Find and Replace." I believe it is essentially asking the same question. However, no one seemed to have a solution in that thread.
      The answer depends on how you've entered the cemeteries. If you've entered them as Burial Place, you can use the Places sidebar to standardize the entry. Just drag the minor variation (say, "Pere Lachaise Cemetery, Paris, France") onto the variation that you've decided to standardize on (e.g., "cimeti
      Dennis J. Cunniff
      Click here to email me

Comment

Wow, Dennis, thank you. Yes, they are entered as the Burial Place. Sounds like I'll have to do this one by one, but still, easier than re-typing them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
          Wow, Dennis, thank you. Yes, they are entered as the Burial Place. Sounds like I'll have to do this one by one, but still, easier than re-typing them all.
          It's pretty easy. If the entries are too far apart to drag together, use the search box to focus so there are less listings showing (like in the example I used before, you'd type in "Lachaise" and they'd show up on the same screen.)
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
          X