This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sources

I am using Reunion 10. Is there an easy way to delete a source completely from Reunion and replace it with an entirely new source? I have a source in Reunion that is not right and want to delete it completely and replace it with another source, without having to change it separately for the 246 entries I have, which would take a lot of time.

Re: Sources

Just edit the existing source so that it is what you want it to be.

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

I have the source as a

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
        I have the source as a “free form” but want to change it to “Book” using the different fields in the “Book” source format.
        In the manual, search for "change source" (without the quote marks) to see how to change an existing source from one type to another. Then, click on "Source Fields" button at the top left of the source window. Fill in the fields listed. You can add or delete fields as you wish. Click "Done". This will change the source for all it is attached to.

Hope this helps.
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
          In the manual, search for "change source" (without the quote marks) to see how to change an existing source from one type to another. Then, click on "Source Fields" button at the top left of the source window. Fill in the fields listed. You can add or delete fields as you wish. Click "Done". This will change the source for all it is attached to.

Hope this helps.
          Note though, that any info "already" in fields not used in the new arrangement, of other linked people. Where will that info go?

Comment

Fields won't be removed from existing sources, they just won't be present when you create a new source of that type (after making changes) -- that way there's no risk of data loss.

HTH
            Last edited by Mark; 22 April 2014, 02:28 PM.
            Mark Harrison
            Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post

Hope this helps.
              Thanks so much!! It worked like a charm!!

Comment

Working...
              X