This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported Media Incl an ONS Question

I have dragged some photos and documents from the web and emails into person records. The photos are showing in the Home/User/Photos/Reunion Imports folder, but not the documents. Where are the originals of them?

Are thumbnails of documents, say 8-1/2 x 11, that are in the Reunion file usually readable on the web as they are within Reunion? I notice the text is small in the thumbnail but still readable. I'm wondering if I even need to worry about losing the originals as long as I have the thumbnails in the Reunion file.

Re: Imported Media Incl an ONS Question

Originally posted by Bowes Researcher View Post
    I have dragged some photos and documents from the web and emails into person records. The photos are showing in the Home/User/Photos/Reunion Imports folder, but not the documents. Where are the originals of them?

Are thumbnails of documents, say 8-1/2 x 11, that are in the Reunion file usually readable on the web as they are within Reunion? I notice the text is small in the thumbnail but still readable. I'm wondering if I even need to worry about losing the originals as long as I have the thumbnails in the Reunion file.
    To find out where Reunion last saw an original document or image on your hard drive, open the Media window for that person and select the item in question in the column on the left. You will see the file location in the "Information" section at the bottom of that window.

If you see a thumbnail version of an image on the family view, but not in the Media window, it means Reunion cannot find the original file. If that is the case, it will "not" be included in a web project.

(I.e., when Reunion creates a web project, it gathers "linked" items so they can be included in the web project. Therefore, it is essential for Reunion to know where the original files are located on your computer.)

To find out if there are any media items in your family for which Reunion cannot find the original files, choose Reunion -> Preferences and select Multimedia Files. Then, ensure the storage location of linked media items is in the "Search these locations..." section of that window. Finally, click "Repair Media Locations..." and "Proceed." Reunion will attempt to locate all linked media items. If there are some it could not find, Reunion will let you know. If so, click the "Report" button to see the names of those items and the last known file location.

Additional information about how to repair media locations and how to use the multimedia usage report (showing missing items) can be found in your manual by searching for "repair media." To access the manual, choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Last edited by Deb; 23 April 2014, 12:18 PM.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Imported Media Incl an ONS Question

Thank you Deb!

Comment

Working...
      X