This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible relative flag...

Hi-I am trying to come up with an idea of how I can tell in the list of people if someone is a 'possible relative'. I have a flag assigned to these people and I have come up with an icon to put in place of a photo which is very nice but when I look at the list of people I can't tell which ones are not connected (yet).

Is there a way to color code the name? Or something that I have not come up with yet to show me who is a possible relative?? Thank you all for the help! Judy
    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Re: Possible relative flag...

Originally posted by mrstucci View Post
    Hi-I am trying to come up with an idea of how I can tell in the list of people if someone is a 'possible relative'. I have a flag assigned to these people and I have come up with an icon to put in place of a photo which is very nice but when I look at the list of people I can't tell which ones are not connected (yet).

Is there a way to color code the name? Or something that I have not come up with yet to show me who is a possible relative?? Thank you all for the help! Judy
    I can think of two possible options that may work for you...

1. Mark all people with that "possible relative" flag.

To do this, choose Find and select these conditions...

Flags -> Possible Relative Checked ... Yes

Then, click Find.

Next, when the list appears in the Results sidebar, select "Unmark Everybody in Family File, then Mark Everybody in List" from the Marking Shortcuts menu at the bottom of the sidebar.

The mark would appear on the family view and in certain sidebars and lists.

Additional information about using Reunion's Find feature and marking can be found in your manual by searching for "find feature" and "marking shortcuts," respectively. (To access the manual, click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of any Reunion window or choose Help -> Contents.)

2. Add the Flags field to the List window. That field would display all flags set for the people currently displayed in the List window.

To do this, open the List window by pressing "Command - L" on your keyboard (or click the "List" icon at the bottom of the People sidebar).

Then, select "Add Column" from the Column Options menu button (the gold cube) at the bottom of the List window.

Next, when the new column appears in the list, select "Flags" from the "Choose a field..." menu button (the two black triangles) for that column.

Additional information on how to add columns in the List window can be found in your manual by searching "add column list."

I hope this is helpful:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X